MAF Sensor Housing - Open Cone

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-26-2022, 01:48 PM

Received 99 Likes on 46 Posts
C63
MAF Sensor Housing - Open Cone

Hey!

So this will divide opinion, and that’s fine, but I am building my own open cone intake system with sealed open top shields. I’m not far off to be honest with a decent air shield made but one thing that’s perplexing me a bit is the MAF sensor housing, as it seem unique in this car, with two slide clips on each sensor rather than bolts. So, that means I can’t just grab any old 3” LS type MAF tube from whatever shop.

Has anyone created a custom housing before for this engine? I spoke to Weistec and they did for a short period for race applications but no longer do. Eventuri did also but it was part of a larger system.

…and yes, I realise it may end up a hot-air intake. I realise it may not make any power. I realise it may need tuning to take advantage of the “upgrade”. In all honesty, I just like tooling about with cars and want to see what happens, make a little extra whine and then if I don’t like it, junk it. The car is UK (ROW) supercharged and on all kinds of steroids already so, this stuff keeps my mind ticking and from going crazy.