Sponsored by:

Pulling fenders results and pics

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-22-2022, 09:12 PM

Received 27 Likes on 14 Posts
C63
Pulling fenders results and pics

Ok, so my quest of fitting bigger wheels and tires is proceeding very well. I widen the rear fenders myself using the fender roller machine and a small body jack. I first pulled the upper part of the panel, was able to get about ¾ of an inch wider making it look nice and stock , then i worked on the lower part and created a round uniform lip. The problem point was the meet between fender and bumper, so i used a body jack and forced the fender part out more, about 1 inch, after that it looked waevy and not nice, but after passing the fender roller on it with a lot of pressure everything became uniformed. Then i heated the bumper to a point where i could bend it to match the edge of the fender. It was a hard and long process, it took me about 10 hours of hard and tidious work. Obviously i used the heat gun the whole time. I was perfect on the right side, but on the left i got a cuple of paint cracks, so after finished we sand it down and repainted part of it with matching jet black paint. I might still put the moshammer fenders one day, but it came out better than expected. Because i wasn't sure of the amount of width I could get i was very conservative on the wheels and tire choice, to eventually change them soon after I did find out how much i could get away with, and now i know. So the rears and SLS BS replicas, 19x9.5 ET45 (i also have a 12mm spacer, taking the offset to a +33), and 275 30 tires. It fits perfectly and no rubbing at all, even with people in that back seat. So now i know i can fit what I wanted and spend the money for that set up, which will be 19x11 et50 ( forgestart) with 295 30 tires .Some night say that i ruined the car, but i like the look, car looks wider and rear fenders bulge out nicely matching the fronts shape.Wish i didn't have to create the lip but i couldn't push the quarter panels out anymore without making serious damage to the panels.

​​​​​​https://youtu.be/K7G14-lYaVs
https://youtu.be/M4fyCK96IDM

Last edited by Cashrolling; 08-22-2022 at 09:15 PM.