Sponsored by:

Really Weird Problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-27-2022, 06:08 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2012 C63 AMG - p31 package
Really Weird Problem

This may be one of the strangest problems I have heard of or dealt with. I was getting a chrome delete and the the guy vinyl wrapping my car took the door handles off to wrap them. He has done hundreds of cars and multiple w204 C class. When he reinstalled the door handles the doors themselves were not working properly.

The door locks all pop up and down on the doors like normal when using the key fob or central locking switches inside the car. The touch unlock and lock feature on each door handle also cause the locks to pop up and down like normal. However, the front doors will only open from the inside but will not open from the outside. They will only open from the outside if you open from the inside and then do not lock the car doors again.

The rear doors will not open at all. The vinyl wrap guy had two mechanics and a locksmith try to diagnose the problem and open the doors but both failed. First thing he tried was unplugging the battery for 24hrs to try to reset the system.

The car is now at Mercedes dealership. The valet driver accidently rolled up the driver side window after I dropped it off and the tech had to climb in through the trunk because he could not open any of the doors. He claims he has fixed the front doors, but they cannot get the rear doors open no matter what they do. They said they are at the point where they will probably have to break the door handles off the car to see if they can get the rear doors open to figure out the problem.

Figured I would make this post just to document it and let people know what happens.