PPI inspection for facelift 63 in Portland

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-25-2022, 03:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
None MB
PPI inspection for facelift 63 in Portland

Hey all,
Potentially looking to grab a car locally, anyone have recommendations for a very good in depth private party inspection? I don't mind it being pricier if the inspection is very well done.
Old 11-06-2022, 11:23 AM

None MB
Bump, still looking
Old 11-06-2022, 05:50 PM

Received 114 Likes on 86 Posts
'12 C63BS "SlickTop", '08 CLK63BS, '16 E63S wagon, '12 CLS63, amongst other non-Merc toys
If you don't have a limitation with budget, use AIM for the initial 3rd party inspection, if that checks out, then arrange the seller bringing it to the closest MB dealership with a service department that offer the service of PPI; the level of PPI may defer from dealership-to-dealership, some service department even offer (with an additional cost of course) to have the vehicle up on the frame machine to check, making sure it has no frame damage from possible prior collision/accident, as well as offering paint-measurements on all metal panels.

I've ran through this SOP through all of my AMGs past/present, and will continue to do so in the future.
Old 11-06-2022, 08:33 PM

None MB
Originally Posted by 1JDM911
If you don't have a limitation with budget, use AIM for the initial 3rd party inspection, if that checks out, then arrange the seller bringing it to the closest MB dealership with a service department that offer the service of PPI; the level of PPI may defer from dealership-to-dealership, some service department even offer (with an additional cost of course) to have the vehicle up on the frame machine to check, making sure it has no frame damage from possible prior collision/accident, as well as offering paint-measurements on all metal panels.

I've ran through this SOP through all of my AMGs past/present, and will continue to do so in the future.
Interesting, just looked up their plus plan for inspection, looks like it might be what I want. Also I like the idea of 2 inspections as well.
Old 11-07-2022, 03:10 AM

Received 114 Likes on 86 Posts
'12 C63BS "SlickTop", '08 CLK63BS, '16 E63S wagon, '12 CLS63, amongst other non-Merc toys
Originally Posted by jrubar
Interesting, just looked up their plus plan for inspection, looks like it might be what I want. Also I like the idea of 2 inspections as well.
the 3rd party PPI from AIM is less costly, and it covers most of the cosmetic/aesthetic inspection as well as the basic functionality of the vehicle, if the vehicle can't even pass this 100%, then you don't even have to waste another minute arranging the MB certified PPI at the local dealership/service dpt.

keep us posted on the PPI report, g'luck & happy hunting!
Old 11-08-2022, 08:20 PM

None MB
Originally Posted by 1JDM911
the 3rd party PPI from AIM is less costly, and it covers most of the cosmetic/aesthetic inspection as well as the basic functionality of the vehicle, if the vehicle can't even pass this 100%, then you don't even have to waste another minute arranging the MB certified PPI at the local dealership/service dpt.

keep us posted on the PPI report, g'luck & happy hunting!
Appreciate it! I guess my one big thing that I'd *want* but probably won't find is a PPi that does an extensive look at the engine/common m156 failure points, I feel better if I were to find a lower mileage well serviced example but even then my paranoia kind of gets the best of me