C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pure Turbo 900 upgrade first impressions.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-09-2022, 09:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 208 Likes on 91 Posts
2014 cls63 a amg. 2018 AMG GTR
Pure Turbo 900 upgrade first impressions.

I have 2018 GTR but thought i’d share since same power plant.

Just loaded tune up a few hours ago from ECC. i have the Pure 900 turbos and catless downpipes. These use the stock housing.

Previously ran the 100 octane tune with catless pipes. That setup was a lot faster than stock. I’d say the difference is even bigger from 100 octane tune to the Pure 900 and 100 octane tune.

Incredible !!! I mean a complete game changer.

I was concerned about losing a little down low and also possible turbo lag. well after driving it for two seconds i could see that was not an issue at all. I have never lost traction with this car off track with my AR1 tires. Even when I was running the smaller 305 out back. I now have newer 325 AR1 out back. Lost traction first time I goosed the throttle.

Insanely fast. Pulls harder down low. No noticeable turbo lag. LOTS more power. Doesn’t fall off after 5k rpm like before. keeps building power to redline.

Im totally blown away. I’m actually glad my stock turbos got ruined. forced upgrade. $6k for turbos and install. Actually that install included upgraded cheek radiators too so not even that much. You do have to upgrade your tune. for me that was only $1k since i had a stage 2 tune already.

Stunning improvement. I’m super happy with my choice and so glad I didn’t put stockers back in
Old 12-10-2022, 12:15 AM

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
C63 AMG
Looks like you've had/have some fun cars.

The w204 though does not share the same engine as you. You have the (M176/M177/)M178, we have the M156(M159).
At best, we can say we share the same engine with the AMG GT3, but if you want to be technical, that's the M159 strictly speaking (SLS's engine).

You're looking for the w205 subforum. The mods can probably help you move this thread there.

The GT-R is a fantastic car, how would you say it compares to your vette now?
Sorry to hear about the OE turbos giving you grief, but glad you turned those lemons into some good lemonade.

Cheers,

Old 12-10-2022, 12:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 208 Likes on 91 Posts
2014 cls63 a amg. 2018 AMG GTR
Originally Posted by BHimself
Looks like you've had/have some fun cars.

The w204 though does not share the same engine as you. You have the (M176/M177/)M178, we have the M156(M159).
At best, we can say we share the same engine with the AMG GT3, but if you want to be technical, that's the M159 strictly speaking (SLS's engine).

You're looking for the w205 subforum. The mods can probably help you move this thread there.

The GT-R is a fantastic car, how would you say it compares to your vette now?
Sorry to hear about the OE turbos giving you grief, but glad you turned those lemons into some good lemonade.

Cheers,
oh yeah. oops. didn’t catch the w204. I know some c63 have the 4.0

Was faster than my vette on track by a bit stock. now it’s silly how fast it is. no comparison. It’s like strapping on a rocket. so much power every where.