MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C63 AMG (W204) (https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w204-93/)
-   -   P0153 The coolant thermostat has a short circuit to positive. help? (https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w204/858950-p0153-coolant-thermostat-has-short-circuit-positive-help.html)

Dudz1998 02-04-2023 05:27 AM

P0153 The coolant thermostat has a short circuit to positive. help?

p0153: The coolant thermostat has a short circuit to positive.

c63 2009

any ideas on where to start looking ?

BLKROKT 02-04-2023 10:57 AM

Did you try replacing the………… coolant thermostat?

That’s probably a good place to start.

For the record, P0153 is an O2 sensor error code (left bank), so your description is totally wrong. Replace your O2 sensors.

roadkillrob 02-04-2023 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by BLKROKT (Post 8715211)
Did you try replacing the………… coolant thermostat?

That’s probably a good place to start.

For the record, P0153 is an O2 sensor error code (left bank), so your description is totally wrong. Replace your O2 sensors.

And we don't have electric thermostats in these cars so there is no electrical fault for the thermostat I don't think.

BLKROKT 02-04-2023 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by roadkillrob (Post 8715224)
And we don't have electric thermostats in these cars so there is no electrical fault for the thermostat I don't think.

Yeah I thought there’s a connector that sends a signal to the ECU but maybe wrong. He’s got the wrong description for the code anyway which took all of 3 seconds to figure out using the Google machine.

Dudz1998 02-04-2023 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by BLKROKT (Post 8715230)
Yeah I thought there’s a connector that sends a signal to the ECU but maybe wrong. He’s got the wrong description for the code anyway which took all of 3 seconds to figure out using the Google machine.

there is not, I knew it. My problem is the fan is running non stop, I live in Brazil, idk if you know, but in Brazil we got 200 million people here and we have only 250 units of c63 2009. Literally 0 information, and Mercedes shop here would charge around 30x of regular price.

so you dont need to be rude to awnser. I already got an mechanic with it, but he just dont know and dont have right tools to do it, imma bring my scanner later there and see what error code I get, but if you check 0154 is the same error since I seen another guy here in forums

I just want some ideas so I can give the mechanic some directions.

if you can help, ill be glad. You dont need to be ironic or sarcastic while awsering me since Im kinda desesperate to fix this.

Most people here doesnt even speak english, so they cant search around. I tried google 1000x before coming here

the mechanic dont speak english thats why im searching for him

Dudz1998 02-04-2023 01:04 PM

Also, the thermostat already been replaced and it is working

deadlyvt 02-04-2023 04:45 PM

It's your 02 sensor as stated above. Just replace them all while you are in there and be done

Diabolis 02-05-2023 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by Dudz1998 (Post 8715273)
there is not, I knew it. My problem is the fan is running non stop, I live in Brazil, idk if you know, but in Brazil we got 200 million people here and we have only 250 units of c63 2009. Literally 0 information, and Mercedes shop here would charge around 30x of regular price.

so you dont need to be rude to awnser. I already got an mechanic with it, but he just dont know and dont have right tools to do it, imma bring my scanner later there and see what error code I get, but if you check 0154 is the same error since I seen another guy here in forums

I just want some ideas so I can give the mechanic some directions.

if you can help, ill be glad. You dont need to be ironic or sarcastic while awsering me since Im kinda desesperate to fix this.

Most people here doesnt even speak english, so they cant search around. I tried google 1000x before coming here

the mechanic dont speak english thats why im searching for him

Your question doesn't make any sense and neither does what you're describing. If you had just Googled the code, you'd know that - so please forgive us for hurting your feelings while we try to help you out.

P0153 is a left O2 sensor fault, but a faulty O2 sensor doesn't make the fan run continuously. A faulty thermostat or any number of other issues might, but that will not generate an 0153 code. You need to start by looking for a new mechanic because yours is obviously clueless.