2013 C63 - ABS / traction control light on, diagnosis and help needed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-08-2023, 08:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
e39 m5
2013 C63 - ABS / traction control light on, diagnosis and help needed

Hi all,

I’ve came across a 2013 C63 I’m super interested in buying. The seller has been very transparent with communication, and the car appears to be in great driver-quality shape for 104k miles. The biggest issue is the ABS and traction control lights are on.

the seller sent me the following service invoice from a reputable shop, detailing that the steering angle sensor is out of calibration and they recommend replacing a control module inside the column.

does anyone have any more details or info I could read up on to help me further understand the issue? Is this common, and what’s usually the repair procedure? I’ve heard of wheel speed sensors and ABS modules tripping this light, but never a module inside the steering column.

TIA for the help!

Old 08-16-2023, 10:24 AM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
AMG C63 W204
another option is to get the vehicle scanned by MB dealership with a STAR scanner to read all the codes and get the print out. Post the results.
Old 08-16-2023, 10:34 AM
SPONSOR

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts
First, you can try recalibration. It involves moving the steering wheel to full lock 3 times on each side, you should be able to find the exact procedure on here.