Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Intake Manifold Options M156

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-27-2024, 07:16 AM

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts
W205 C43 AMG, W204 C63 AMG
@Homer Oz Nah not a dumb question. They are not interchangeable. Now with some work can be swapped out with the intake from the M159. But that intake is from a GT and SLS and is just as expensive and just as hard to find. And also....magnesium. Here is a couple videos of the M156 and M159 intake swap.

The following users liked this post:
Homer Oz (02-27-2024)
Old 02-27-2024, 07:28 AM

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts
W205 C43 AMG, W204 C63 AMG
Oh hey @Lemons6245
Meant to ask what was the reason for having to get a new intake for your 507? Those were made from 2013-2015 but guessing they are not immune to the issues.
Old 02-27-2024, 04:24 PM

Received 75 Likes on 56 Posts
W204 C200, BMW E30 M3, 1980Gt Mini, Toyota Corona, KTM 200 EXC.
The thing with the intake is when you have it off and in pieces throughly wash all the inner surface then sand out any surface corrosion then re-clean and apply Zinc spray or brush on paint.
If it was an aircraft intake it would be treated and painted not left a bear alloy.
The following 5 users liked this post by NZ-Merc:
BLKROKT (02-28-2024), GRP (02-27-2024), HLG600 (02-29-2024), Homer Oz (02-27-2024), Joshinator99 (02-27-2024)
Old 02-28-2024, 06:33 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2015 C63
Originally Posted by fidget
Oh hey @Lemons6245
Meant to ask what was the reason for having to get a new intake for your 507? Those were made from 2013-2015 but guessing they are not immune to the issues.
After buying my 507 I have been going through the process of replacing things such as the pcv, coils, injectors, PS resi. After replacing the PCV and looking a values with my tech we noticed that there possibly could be a pin hole somewhere in the manifold. Myself wanting things perfect looked at his to order a new manifold to start fresh with a nice new one that is clean inside and out (my current one has a scratch on the top exterior runners and a new signed plaque as well since that one looked scratched a little. I also plan on adding the Renntech throttle bodies and sending the bottom half of the manifold over to swain tech to get their TBC coating applied. Some people want to do that with their existing manifold, I would rather start with a new one.
Old 03-26-2024, 06:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CL63AMG
Hi, I'm new here and have a very similar dilemma with what to do with my intake manifold. I'll tell you a short story about my car. I bought my CL63 2 years ago and everything was ok. In the country in which I lived, there was a time when there were problems with the availability of fuel and I drove on 95 gasoline. Then, as soon as 100 gasoline began to appear, I refueled with it and, having driven away from the gas station, I felt severe misfires and a check error. It was a long time ago and I couldn't tell the exact error code. When I came to my mechanic, he said that the error was related to the throttle valves and the EGR pipe. It was decided to remove the intake manifold to clean it. At that time, I did not yet know what problems there could be with corrosion of the intake manifold and did not properly check the mechanic's work on my intake manifold. The fact is that when the mechanic put everything back together, the car had obvious problems with idling. Noticeable vibrations and uneven engine operation both on a cold and hot engine. After that, I made a lot of replacements: all 3 engine vibration mounts, all injectors, all coils, all spark plugs, all rollers and a belt. Even the lockplates from 63motorsport were replaced. And none of this helped. At the same time, I took drag measurements and the car drives at the rated values, I also took measurements on a dyno and there is no loss of power. In addition to the fact that these vibrations are felt when you stand still at any engine temperature, sometimes (over the last year this has happened up to 5 times) during sharp acceleration the car also misfires and jerks. I recently moved to a new place of residence, there is a colder climate here and sometimes it seems to me that the situation has improved, but there are still, sometimes the vibrations are too strong, sometimes there are misfires during acceleration (I just don’t know how else to explain the nature of these vibrations). There seems to be a menu in Star or Xentry where you can track engine performance by injectors, ideal values should be around 0, I have on some cylinders the values sometimes went more than -2, accordingly other cylinders to equalize performance can oppositely go to +2. I recently visited a service station, where the guys claim that it could be an air leak somewhere in the intake manifold. But even after studying the topic with the manifold thanks to Tasos from YouTube, I have not seen anyone say that vibrations were the reason for the intervention in the intake manifold. Also on this forum I found a thread where one guy had misfires and tampering with the intake manifold did not help. I also recently replaced the fuel filter and checked the pressure in the fuel system, this was my last hope. Also, one guy advised me to change the o-ring of the brake system, which is located on the right behind the intake manifold. Tell me, what could it be. It’s difficult for me to make a video so that the nature of the vibrations is clear; this can only be clearly felt when sitting in the driver’s or passenger’s seat with your butt.