Sponsored by:

2012 C63 AMG Coupe

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-15-2023, 03:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 Mercedes Benz C63 AMG
2012 C63 AMG Coupe

Hello All, I couldn’t find the thread for piston rings. My 2012’ coupe had some failed piston rings along with the rod bearings. I’m in the midst of a rebuild, however I cannot find the piston rings anywhere. Dealership only sells it as a set with the pistons. Does anyone know where I can get a set of oem piston rings? Or should I just buy the weistic pistons and forged rods set for 6500? Anyone have any thoughts on this? Anyone used the weistic pistons and rods?
Old 12-15-2023, 07:38 PM

Received 152 Likes on 100 Posts
ML 63 AMG
Originally Posted by meowth24
Hello All, I couldn’t find the thread for piston rings. My 2012’ coupe had some failed piston rings along with the rod bearings. I’m in the midst of a rebuild, however I cannot find the piston rings anywhere. Dealership only sells it as a set with the pistons. Does anyone know where I can get a set of oem piston rings? Or should I just buy the weistic pistons and forged rods set for 6500? Anyone have any thoughts on this? Anyone used the weistic pistons and rods?
Are you naturally aspirated still or running a supercharger? Forged pistons and rods are really only needed with forced induction.

Bring one of your existing pistons with OEM rings and your new pistons to your local automotive machine shop. I suspect they would be able to measure up and get rings for you, plus file fit them (if needed) and install onto the new pistons.