Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-06-2024, 08:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 Mercedes Benz C63 P31
M156 mis fire problem

Hello I have a 2012 c63 P31.

Sorry for the long post

I recently put new valve buckets/ tappets and the 63 Motorsport back plates for the adjusters in. I took it to the dealer in my are to get timed and all put back together. The technician did all that and when starting the car there was a CEL on for the driver side camshaft adjuster magnet. We fixed that and then the passenger side one went out as well. The weird thing is it didn’t show when scanning the code that the passenger side camshaft adjuster magnet went bad it just showed that the magnet “forgot the position of the camshafts. We then replaced that side. The technician drove it hard as-well only in comfort mode and all was fine. But both times when I was driving home ( in manual mode ) at a stop the car would shake and then the flashing CEL would come on and start misfiring.it would also die and I would have to turn it on again. Is there a reason for this? It would only start misfiring when in M mode not when the technician drive it on comfort mode. Could it be something with M mode or 1st gear in the transmission? Car also has FCP euro coils and OE fuel injectors.