Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AMG center in NC , TN, or SC for p0410 code

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-03-2024 | 08:57 PM

2013 c63 p31
AMG center in NC , TN, or SC for p0410 code

I have a 2013 c63 p31 with 67k miles, and bought w 45k miles on it. I have been chasing a P0410 code for years. My MB mechanic replaced one of the valves but said the pump, and other valve is working well. I am able to clear the CEL with a scanner but it comes back on after about 150 miles. I have tried Gumout one time which did seem to extend how long it took for the CEL to come back on but I do not want to continue to do this.
In reading the codes, I receive a Permanent 0410 code and after doing the warm-up Procedure, which is posted on this forum, it will not clear. It seems like as soon as the secondary airflow sensor is assessed around 150 miles, the fail occurs. I am not the first owner of this car but I’ve had it for 20,000 miles and honestly I think I’ve had this error on and off for all of that time. In the beginning, it only came on in cold months, so I thought I might have a small leak in a hose. My mechanic used a smoke generator and did not find a leak. I am now wondering if perhaps the car has had a tune on it as this can cause the failure to resolve p0410.
At this point, I would like to avoid a dealership but find someone who is familiar with AMGs. I Live in Asheville in western North Carolina. If anybody knows a nearby AMG center even up to a hundred miles away, let me know. If you can think of anything else to try which is not posted in this forum let me know. I would like to sell this car due to change in employment, but won’t stiff someone with this problem.
TIA
Old 05-04-2024 | 10:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

10 C six trizzle
secondary air is a pretty simple system. Pump, some vacuum lines, a solenoid to provide vacuum, valves, tubes to cylinder heads, internal cylinder head passages and oxygen sensor. Any mildly decent tech should be able to figure this out pretty quick. If you were local it would take about 20 minutes. (i've only heard of one instance of internal cylinder head passages clogged - mileage was 140k+). I'd suggest go ahead and replace the primary oxygen sensors. They should be done at this mileage especially with a tune on the car. They foul out prematurely. So even if it doesn't fix it you replaced a maintenance item.
Old 05-05-2024 | 10:53 AM

2013 c63 p31
Originally Posted by roadtalontsi
secondary air is a pretty simple system. Pump, some vacuum lines, a solenoid to provide vacuum, valves, tubes to cylinder heads, internal cylinder head passages and oxygen sensor. Any mildly decent tech should be able to figure this out pretty quick. If you were local it would take about 20 minutes. (i've only heard of one instance of internal cylinder head passages clogged - mileage was 140k+). I'd suggest go ahead and replace the primary oxygen sensors. They should be done at this mileage especially with a tune on the car. They foul out prematurely. So even if it doesn't fix it you replaced a maintenance item.
Thanks for the reply . The local MB mechanic checked the system , found the pump was working but couldn’t clear the code. They commented on having a lot of carbon build up in the cylinders, and described spraying carb cleaner to try to remove it. I am not sure where they were referring to exactly. I would assume they checked the o2 sensors as well. Sounds like I should try another local MB mechanic before going to the dealer. Any idea if o2 sensors are replaceable by a mid-talented mechanic like myself?
Old 05-06-2024 | 09:06 AM

2009 Mercedes C63 AMG, 2012 Mercedes C300 4matic Sport. 2012 GLK 350 4Matic
Check this video out, and get a new mechanic

Originally Posted by empty-c
I have a 2013 c63 p31 with 67k miles, and bought w 45k miles on it. I have been chasing a P0410 code for years. My MB mechanic replaced one of the valves but said the pump, and other valve is working well. I am able to clear the CEL with a scanner but it comes back on after about 150 miles. I have tried Gumout one time which did seem to extend how long it took for the CEL to come back on but I do not want to continue to do this.
In reading the codes, I receive a Permanent 0410 code and after doing the warm-up Procedure, which is posted on this forum, it will not clear. It seems like as soon as the secondary airflow sensor is assessed around 150 miles, the fail occurs. I am not the first owner of this car but I’ve had it for 20,000 miles and honestly I think I’ve had this error on and off for all of that time. In the beginning, it only came on in cold months, so I thought I might have a small leak in a hose. My mechanic used a smoke generator and did not find a leak. I am now wondering if perhaps the car has had a tune on it as this can cause the failure to resolve p0410.
At this point, I would like to avoid a dealership but find someone who is familiar with AMGs. I Live in Asheville in western North Carolina. If anybody knows a nearby AMG center even up to a hundred miles away, let me know. If you can think of anything else to try which is not posted in this forum let me know. I would like to sell this car due to change in employment, but won’t stiff someone with this problem.
TIA
The following users liked this post:
empty-c (05-09-2024)
Old 05-07-2024 | 10:47 AM

1998 E300TD
Sent you a PM. I'm located in Asheville.
The following users liked this post:
empty-c (05-09-2024)