Sponsored by:

Bluetooth audio not authorising

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-22-2024, 10:54 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E55 AMG
Bluetooth audio not authorising

Just a quick one, picked up my 2012 c63 today, tried connecting my phone to Bluetooth audio, get through all the steps ensuring I’ve done it right, get to the point where it shows a code on your iPhone and a code on the car that matches, press pair on both and it says “authorising” after 30 seconds ish it comes up “authorisation failed”. Tried multiple times and restarted the car etc.

is this a known issue and how can I fix it ? Cheers

Old 06-22-2024, 08:52 PM

Received 63 Likes on 46 Posts
2023 911 T, 2012 C63 AMG Coupe, 1989 560SL
I drove my car for the first time in a while, had to connect my new phone. Kept failing, eventually I went into the device list and deleted all the old phones, tried again and it connected first time. There may also be a right or wrong order when you hit pair on the phone vs the comand system, so try experimenting with that.
The following users liked this post:
AMGSPY (06-22-2024)
Old 06-23-2024, 03:44 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E55 AMG
Originally Posted by Arjy
I drove my car for the first time in a while, had to connect my new phone. Kept failing, eventually I went into the device list and deleted all the old phones, tried again and it connected first time. There may also be a right or wrong order when you hit pair on the phone vs the comand system, so try experimenting with that.

appreciate your reply, I tried removing the prev owners device and still didn’t work. I somehow got it working yesterday by doing a totally different process but can’t even remember what I did now haha. The proper method just wasn’t working at all no matter how I tried it🤷‍♂️
The following users liked this post:
Arjy (06-25-2024)