Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Electrical Issues?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-16-2024 | 04:15 PM

C63 W204
Electrical Issues?

Hey all, so had a unique situation with my C63. Long story short I wasn't able to drive my C63 for some months due to being away, I came back to it recently, to a dead battery (although family members did try charging it from time to time). Changed the battery today and have various but probably related issues (not existent before)-
- Front right airbag error and traction error (ESP)
- No steering control buttons work including horn
- Radiator fan no longer works either when car gets to temp or with aircon on
- My main key can unlock but not lock the car but spare/2nd key can lock & unlock (weird)

My regular OBD scan app on phone shows no issues although there could be underlying ones.

Apart from the issues mentioned, car starts fine, radio, windows, sunroof all work. I've done the basics like check fuses, disconnecting the battery again, charging it for a bit etc. to no avail.

I am assuming having sat for some time dead at some point, its caused a lot of electronic havoc, also lesson learnt- never leave the V8 behind again...

My question is, is this something I can try remedy/diagnose at home or do I need to get a professional over? (can't drive it since it will overheat)

Old 08-16-2024 | 06:36 PM

2014 C63 507 Coupe
I can't think of anything to try other than giving it some time and maybe a few run / drive cycles and clearing the codes. When I killed my battery, the car threw every code ever written and then it was fine after a bit with a good battery. GL
Old 08-18-2024 | 09:55 AM

C63 W204
This will be my go to once I get the rad fan working again, thank you!

Weird that it’s also simultaneously stopped working, going to check if it powers on with direct power to battery, hopefully just the connector needs changing.

I have come across a few threads where my steering wheel control issue could be a broken clock spring…not sure how’d that happen though.