C63 AMG (W206) 2022 - (Upcoming AMG)

Next AMG C63 to ditch V8 for hybrid four-pot

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-18-2020, 09:37 AM

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
CLS, SLK, CLK, C, GLC
Originally Posted by places
Well don't know if MB ever produced a V4, probably will be an inline. Can't imagine them going with a 4 and then selling it for the same price they've been selling the 205 V8 version. Who would pay 90K for a 4 banger? Can't see it.
no V. It will be inline for sure.
Old 11-18-2020, 09:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,446 Likes on 955 Posts
No more MB:(
Originally Posted by FlashA4
no V. It will be inline for sure.
Not sure if MB ever made a V4.
Old 11-18-2020, 09:47 AM

CLS, SLK, CLK, C, GLC
Not sure if MB ever made a V4.
what I remeber, never
Old 11-18-2020, 06:32 PM

Received 46 Likes on 23 Posts
2021 C63s Sedan
Well don't know if MB ever produced a V4, probably will be an inline. Can't imagine them going with a 4 and then selling it for the same price they've been selling the 205 V8 version. Who would pay 90K for a 4 banger? Can't see it.
you are correct, it’s an inline 4 not a “V4” but in essence the w206 will be a 4 cylinder in general same as the A45, GLA, CLA etc. only different is that it will have an electric aspect to boost it to a higher HP range. The w206 will definitely be faster than a w205 and more fuel efficient. All you will be loosing is that sound and having a traditional engine. It’s just gonna come down to what you will want vs sacrifice. For me it’s the V8 sound & not looking forward to the new design inside & out. Those iPad screens are a no for me. One reason why I had to have the w205 is cause it still have the analog look but it’s digitalized. I can’t stand those iPad screens in the E & S classes smh.
Old 11-18-2020, 06:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,726 Likes on 2,489 Posts
2019 C63CS
Perhaps not everyone has seen this yet, but the specs of the W206 have already been leaked in the below spreadsheet. The M139 I4 engine is a given. It'll be complemented with the introduction of the new AMG E-Turbo and a 400V 20kWh Hybrid system bringing the total system output to 522 PS (515 HP) and will be called the C 63e to denote the new era. It'll also have 4matic+. Scheduled for the beginning of 2022. So far only the sedan and wagon has been leaked along with the other models in the spreadsheet. As you can see everything is going full or mild hybrid, with only the bigger AMGs still getting the V8 + hybrid. No word on the coupe or cabriolet yet, other than a rumor that both the C Class coupe/vert and E Class coupe/vert will be discontinued and replaced by a new CLE model positioned above the C Class and possibly with a V8 Hybrid powertrain since it'll be positioned closer to the E Class.

Old 11-18-2020, 07:12 PM

CLS, SLK, CLK, C, GLC
Originally Posted by superswiss
Perhaps not everyone has seen this yet, but the specs of the W206 have already been leaked in the below spreadsheet. The M139 I4 engine is a given. It'll be complemented with the introduction of the new AMG E-Turbo and a 400V 20kWh Hybrid system bringing the total system output to 522 PS (515 HP) and will be called the C 63e to denote the new era. It'll also have 4matic+. Scheduled for the beginning of 2022. So far only the sedan and wagon has been leaked along with the other models in the spreadsheet. As you can see everything is going full or mild hybrid, with only the bigger AMGs still getting the V8 + hybrid. No word on the coupe or cabriolet yet, other than a rumor that both the C Class coupe/vert and E Class coupe/vert will be discontinued and replaced by a new CLE model positioned above the C Class and possibly with a V8 Hybrid powertrain since it'll be positioned closer to the E Class.

everything in Europe is for clear enwiroment. Great britain (Boris Johnson) yesterday wrote, that from 2030 you cannot buy classic engine. He wants 100%electric.
so you have to deal with it and everybody in Europe know it. New C63 will never have 8 cylinder engine.
if you want it, you have to buy amg Gt or amg Gt 4door.