C63 AMG (W206) 2022 - (Upcoming AMG)
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: EuroMotorcars

2019 C63 AMG: Bad ticking noise from drivers side (video included)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-08-2021, 10:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2019 C63 AMG
2019 C63 AMG: Bad ticking noise from drivers side (video included)

I bought this car with 4000 miles on it from a dealer and it was certified and still under warranty. Very soon after bringing it home it developed a very loud rattle (more like a ticking sound) on the drivers side that sounds like it's coming from near where the windshield meets the dash. When it's happening, it's nearly constant and it sounds exactly like what the video shows. It is definitely louder in person than in the video. I can be on the smoothest of roads and it still happens. Nothing that I push on in the car makes any difference.

I finally took the car to a dealer to have it fixed and luckily they heard it as well. They have had my car for over 2 weeks now and now they have taken the dash apart. They still don't have any clue what the issue may be. The shop foreman is the one working on it. They have found a few minor build issues with clips and whatnot, but nothing they have fixed has made any difference.

The noise is so odd that I thought someone on this forum may have heard about something similar. Does anyone have any ideas on this?
Attached Files
File Type: mov
Video.MOV (1.97 MB, 50 views)
Old 12-30-2021, 12:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 355 Likes on 294 Posts
1991 190E 2.3
Your 2019 C 63 is a W205, NOT at W206. I suggest you post your question in the W205 section of the forum which you can find listed on the main forum page. The W206 doesn't go on sale until next spring.