C63 AMG (W206) 2022 - (Upcoming AMG)

C63s Coupe Pre-Facelift Rear Diffuser Won't Fit on my Facelift Bumper

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-29-2023, 06:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63S
Question C63s Coupe Pre-Facelift Rear Diffuser Won't Fit on my Facelift Bumper

Hello, I have a 2019 C63s Coupe. I ordered the Pre-Facelift Carbon Fiber diffuser, the part # is: A-205-885-4105. I wanted to install this pre-facelift diffuser on my facelifted 2019 C63s Coupe. From what I understood, it should fit right on, as the prefacelift and facelift coupe bumpers are the same, correct? I did my research beforehand and was pretty sure it would retrofit right on. I took it to the mechanic today and he told me that it did not fit at all, and there were gaps and the clips were facing opposite, or something like that.

Did I make a mistake with the part numbers? Is this the correct part? I wanted the pre-facelifted CF diffuser, and I'm pretty sure this is the right part. If it is the right part, does that mean that the rear bumpers aren't identical and there are some differences? Did I make a mistake with the parts, or is it simply that the part will not fit on my facelifted car?

If anyone has some insight on this, I'd appreciate it, I'm not too sure what to do.
Old 08-29-2023, 07:33 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
W206 C43
I had a look at some of the C63 Coupe pre and post facelift diffusers on Merctiel, there are a few fitment notes which might be applicable:

This conversion kit is only suitable for Facelift Mercedes-Benz C-Class Coupe C205 / C-Class Cabrio A205 in conjunction with C63 AMG rear bumpers and rear C63 AMG diffusers (Code: P90). The existing diffuser will be replaced with the carbon version from this offering.
This facelift diffuser is only suitable for Mercedes-Benz C-Class Coupe C205 & Cabrio A205 C63/C63s models as well as models with an AMG Line +772 rear bumper with Part Assistance +235. The bumper conversion can be ordered separately. This retrofit kit is not meant to be combined with a trailer hitch. Keep in mind that the AMG Line bumper slightly differs from the C63 one and some minor adaptations are probably necessary.
Not sure what options are fitted to your car or whether the above are relevant, but it seems that the specific packages fitted to the car will impact whether the diffuser will fit. Probably worth putting your VIN in mb.vin and looking at the packages you have fitted to figure out whether the diffuser you ordered is compatible or not.
Old 08-29-2023, 07:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,852 Likes on 2,575 Posts
2019 C63CS
First off you are posting in the wrong forum. The 2019 C63S Coupe is a 205, not a 206 model. Here's the correct forum: https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-c63s-amg-215/

Secondly, no the FL and PFL bumpers and especially the diffuser area are not the same. The FL exhaust tips are also larger, so they won't fit in a PFL diffuser.
Old 08-29-2023, 08:10 PM

C63S
Originally Posted by superswiss
First off you are posting in the wrong forum. The 2019 C63S Coupe is a 205, not a 206 model. Here's the correct forum: https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-c63s-amg-215/

Secondly, no the FL and PFL bumpers and especially the diffuser area are not the same. The FL exhaust tips are also larger, so they won't fit in a PFL diffuser.
Yes, I realized I posted in the wrong forum, I wasn’t able to delete it.
Yes, I realize the exhaust tips won’t fit, but I got the prefacelift exhaust tips, so that wouldn’t be a problem. My concern is trying to fit the PFL diffuser onto the FL bumper. Is this not possible? What areas do the bumpers differ in between the PFL and FL?
Old 08-29-2023, 08:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2019 C63CS
Originally Posted by StormHawk
Yes, I realized I posted in the wrong forum, I wasn’t able to delete it.
Yes, I realize the exhaust tips won’t fit, but I got the prefacelift exhaust tips, so that wouldn’t be a problem. My concern is trying to fit the PFL diffuser onto the FL bumper. Is this not possible? What areas do the bumpers differ in between the PFL and FL?
I don't know what areas they differ specifically, but the bumper was redesigned for the FL. You gonna have to order parts that were designed for the FL bumper.
Old 08-29-2023, 08:23 PM

C63S
Originally Posted by superswiss
I don't know what areas they differ specifically, but the bumper was redesigned for the FL. You gonna have to order parts that were designed for the FL bumper.
Okay gotchu thanks. I didn’t realize that the rear bumper had been redesigned for the FL version, they appeared and looked the same, so I figured the design would be the same. So there would be no way to get this installed then ?
Old 08-29-2023, 08:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2019 C63CS
Originally Posted by StormHawk
Okay gotchu thanks. I didn’t realize that the rear bumper had been redesigned for the FL version, they appeared and looked the same, so I figured the design would be the same. So there would be no way to get this installed then ?
Not unless you want somebody to do a custom fit and start cutting up your bumper.