C63 AMG (W206) 2022 - (Upcoming AMG)

Two sets vs all-season for 20-inch rim?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-21-2023, 12:25 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
BMW M340i
Two sets vs all-season for 20-inch rim?

So the 20-inch spec comes with summer tires. Do you buy a new set of winter tires and swap them twice a year?
I live in downtown and it’s not convenient to store the tires. I’m thinking to get a set of all-season but then I will have to get rid of the half-year-old summer set 🥲
Opinions much appreciated 🙂
Old 12-21-2023, 01:12 PM
DYR

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
'10 C300 4Matic, '24 C43 AMG
Originally Posted by alexwang
So the 20-inch spec comes with summer tires. Do you buy a new set of winter tires and swap them twice a year?
I live in downtown and it’s not convenient to store the tires. I’m thinking to get a set of all-season but then I will have to get rid of the half-year-old summer set 🥲
Opinions much appreciated 🙂
My plan is to get a set of Pilot Sport All Season and mount them on the OEM rims for the winter. When the summer rolls back around planning to get new rims to put the Summers on.

I also live in an apartment so will likely get a small storage unit to store the set I’m not using.
Old 12-21-2023, 08:12 PM

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts
W205 AMG
Where do you live and is snow & ice a common occurrence? IMO, if you’re thinking you need something other than summer tires, you must get a decent amount of snow & ice in the winter. In that case I’d definitely go with a dedicated set of winter tires.