C63 AMG (W206) 2022 - (Upcoming AMG)

C Class AMG vs E Class AMG

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-15-2024, 12:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
looking for first MB
C Class AMG vs E Class AMG

Is the E-class AMG just a "bigger" C class-AMG? Or is there a difference in the approach to these two AMG classes -- specifically for the sedan and not the coupe.
Thanks!
Old 03-15-2024, 12:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,787 Likes on 2,532 Posts
2019 C63CS
Which generation are you talking about specifically? I know you posted in the W206 section, but things are still evolving with the current generation models. Word on the street is that there isn't gonna be an E63 for this generation. The just revealed E53 might be the only AMG for the new E Class. The C Class on the other hand has the C43 and C63. The latter being hybrid E-Performance with a 4-cylinder engine. The E53 has a 6-cylinder engine.

For the previous W205 generation, the C63 was an RWD layout whereas the E63 was an AWD layout, so no the E63 isn't just a bigger C Class AMG. It's fundamentally different being RWD vs AWD. The C drives differently. This is partly why I own a C63S coupe and not a E63. I'm also not a sedan person, and there was no E63 coupe. Moving forward there is expected to be a CLE 63 coupe, but it's likely gonna have the same 4-cyl hybrid powertrain from the W206 C63 and all new AMGs are unfortunately AWD.
Old 03-15-2024, 12:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
looking for first MB
Originally Posted by superswiss
Which generation are you talking about specifically? I know you posted in the W206 section, but things are still evolving with the current generation models. Word on the street is that there isn't gonna be an E63 for this generation. The just revealed E53 might be the only AMG for the new E Class. The C Class on the other hand has the C43 and C63. The latter being hybrid E-Performance with a 4-cylinder engine. The E53 has a 6-cylinder engine.

For the previous W205 generation, the C63 was an RWD layout whereas the E63 was an AWD layout, so no the E63 isn't just a bigger C Class AMG. It's fundamentally different being RWD vs AWD. The C drives differently. This is partly why I own a C63S coupe and not a E63. I'm also not a sedan person, and there was no E63 coupe. Moving forward there is expected to be a CLE 63 coupe, but it's likely gonna have the same 4-cyl hybrid powertrain from the W206 C63 and all new AMGs are unfortunately AWD.
Yes, thank you. I wasn't sure where to post.
I would be looking to grab a CPO AMG at some point and I've read that the C43/C63 completely changes the character of the C class and makes it into a true performance car (with the accompanying hard ride). So I wanted to see if the E to E-AMG upgrade is as "transformational"
Old 03-15-2024, 12:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,787 Likes on 2,532 Posts
2019 C63CS
The E63 is as transformational for its class. The E is more of an executive limo, though. It has air suspension vs. the C having steel suspension and it's more boaty. There are about 500 lbs in curb weight between the two. The E is more of a straight-line rocket, while the C loves to corner.