C63, C43 AMG (W206) 2023 -

2023 C 43 Order Guide

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-10-2023, 09:03 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
BMW M340i

Anyone else seeing their engine light on? 🥲
I was on the highway. The indicator light came on and some message popped up, after which the car just came to a stop - which was a little scary. Restarted the car and drove off the next exit.
Never seen the engine light on before in my life yet 😂
The following users liked this post:
eatmydust (04-10-2023)
Old 04-10-2023, 09:49 PM

Received 178 Likes on 138 Posts
AMG
Originally Posted by alexwang

I was on the highway. The indicator light came on and some message popped up, after which the car just came to a stop - which was a little scary. Restarted the car and drove off the next exit.
Do you have Driver Assistance Package?
Old 04-10-2023, 09:50 PM

BMW M340i
Originally Posted by Dima
Yes. Is that related?
Old 04-10-2023, 09:58 PM

AMG
Yes. Is that related?
I am not an expert but it kind of looks like the sensor had malfunctioned and thought you're about to hit an object or just thought it could assure that you wouldn't so it stopped the car. Better have it checked out
Old 04-10-2023, 10:07 PM

Received 43 Likes on 35 Posts
2020 C43, 2008 E350
You may be the first 2023 c43 with a cel haha and probably not the last.

Double check your gas cap.

Let us know what dealer finds.
Old 04-10-2023, 10:10 PM

AMG
Originally Posted by eatmydust

if it were a gas cap, he'd just have a cel, but his car had come to a stop. Also possible some object hit a sensor.
Old 04-10-2023, 10:31 PM

BMW M340i

Such an achievement!

For sure will update here

Last edited by alexwang; 04-10-2023 at 10:54 PM.
Old 04-10-2023, 10:33 PM

BMW M340i
if it were a gas cap, he'd just have a cel, but his car had come to a stop. Also possible some object hit a sensor.
Sorry should have it made clearer. The car just switched itself from D to N and slowed down naturally to a stop.

It was on an expressway near downtown Chicago and it was no fun. Before it completely stopped, I managed to change from the left-most lane to the right-most lane. Thankfully, restarting the engine got it going again.

Last edited by alexwang; 04-10-2023 at 10:42 PM.
Old 04-10-2023, 11:03 PM

AMG
Sorry should have it made clearer. The car just switched itself from D to N and slowed down naturally to a stop.

It was on an expressway near downtown Chicago and it was no fun. Before it completely stopped, I managed to change from the left-most lane to the right-most lane. Thankfully, restarting the engine got it going again.
ah ok. it could be far fetched but it's just decided to give you a rest as it thinks you're too tired to drive. So it's mulanctioning of course as it also threw out a cel.
Old 04-11-2023, 09:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,586 Likes on 982 Posts
Mercedes/Mazda/Genesis
Originally Posted by alexasa
Just took delivery today

Absolutely gorgeous spec with Cirrus Silver and those wheels. Please post more photos of your beauty when you get the chance!
The following 2 users liked this post by js_cls:
alexasa (04-11-2023), eatmydust (04-11-2023)
Old 04-11-2023, 08:01 PM

BMW M340i

So I started the car today and cel did not come up Cancelled my service appointment
Old 04-11-2023, 08:17 PM

AMG
So I started the car today and cel did not come up Cancelled my service appointment
I think it's a mistake. The assist system is trying to calculate your fatigue level and is unable to do so for some reason. But it does think you're too tired to drive.
It's not working properly hence the cel warning and stopping the car. Least you can do is to go into the options and turn it off otherwise it might happen again.
Old 04-11-2023, 09:27 PM

2020 C43, 2008 E350
I would get it checked out.
alexwang (04-15-2023)
Old 04-11-2023, 09:36 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2,697 Likes on 2,294 Posts
PFL205.064 with M276.823 (Oil pump solenoid defeated)

Sorry to hear that but am glad you are safe, transmission issues usually throw CEL as well but if you are able to shift without problems and drive normally again it probably was just a glitch in the software such as some sensors telling the ECU one thing while other sensors are telling the ECU another thing so conflict, as long as it is not flashing it is not serious. Getting it checked out is good advice indeed, there is probably a stored code.
The following 2 users liked this post by W205C43PFL:
alexwang (04-15-2023), eatmydust (04-12-2023)
Old 04-12-2023, 11:06 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 373 Likes on 292 Posts
I will say the new cars with hybrid components, 48v systems can be very sensitive to battery voltages and some of the cars have been sitting at port.. Ive had issues here and there when cars have been sitting or in my showroom and people get in and out and kill the battery..when you jump it always shows a cel until I charge it or clear it. Not so fun there, but once charged they have been fine
Old 04-12-2023, 11:08 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 373 Likes on 292 Posts
anyone looking for a C43 with perf seats or digital light or night/studio packages? or all? lol
Old 04-12-2023, 03:07 PM
Out Of Control!!

Originally Posted by susman@eurogermantown.com
anyone looking for a C43 with perf seats or digital light or night/studio packages? or all? lol
Can you share pictures?
Old 04-12-2023, 07:07 PM

2020 C43, 2008 E350
Originally Posted by W205C43PFL
Can you share pictures?
https://www.eurogermantownmercedes.c...?model=C-Class
Old 04-12-2023, 09:29 PM
Out Of Control!!

True, I could had looked it up thanks
Old 04-13-2023, 01:19 PM
PREMIUM SPONSOR

Received 82 Likes on 52 Posts
Great build! The silver with night package always looks good.

Kelvin Quintanilla
Kquintanilla@eurogermantown.com
Old 04-13-2023, 06:27 PM
Out Of Control!!

Originally Posted by EuroGermantown
Great build! The silver with night package always looks good.

Kelvin Quintanilla
Kquintanilla@eurogermantown.com
Agree, those are some tasteful wheels and does well with the silver colour. The night package leaves good contrast.
Old 04-14-2023, 03:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 274 Likes on 204 Posts
'19 CLS450
My SA text last night that they had 2 of their 3 units ready for test drives, so I swung over there about an hour ago and went for a spin. First impressions...
- 4W steering is amazing - didn't have a chance to get too aggressive with my merge on to the interstate, but around town...big wow
- Exhaust sounds - SA started the car to pull it off the display curb - unimpressive exhaust outside the car. Inside and driving, the sound was surprisingly great. Had everything in its most aggressive modes...I felt as if you could hear more turbo swooshes and a natural sounding exhaust tone. Did not sound nearly as artificial as it does in the video reviews I've watched to date
- Internal sounds in general, the car is MUCH more refined in terms of general road/cabin noise. The demo model had the 18s which surely accounted for a lot of that comfort, but still...the improvement is stark in contrast to my '17
- Door card arm rests are almost non-existent, and the door card design overall is...interesting. Your palm goes over the window buttons to pull/push the door. Gone is the grip swooping up from the window controls. This allows for more knee room on the door side, and overall greater feeling for roominess, but it's an interesting choice.
- Steering wheel feels awesome in hand.
- Standard seats are just okay - standard W205 seats seem more aggressive in bolstering and more comfortable for my thighs & torso contact. SA said it sounds like there are very few performance seats actually getting produced for 2023 MY.
- Turbo lag is greatly reduced, and performance seemed fine. General snappiness and sporty feeling from an engine perspective is there, albeit more docile than the M276. I'm on the fence.
- They had a Selenite w/studio package in the showroom...looks amazing in person all cleaned up. I don't love the extra rear lower diffuser blade that hangs below the fins, but it's not a deal breaker from a design perspective
- $76k feels like a tough sell when stacked up against the M340i for $68k
Old 04-14-2023, 03:12 PM

2020 C43, 2008 E350
Originally Posted by RichardCranium3
My SA text last night that they had 2 of their 3 units ready for test drives, so I swung over there about an hour ago and went for a spin. First impressions...
- 4W steering is amazing - didn't have a chance to get too aggressive with my merge on to the interstate, but around town...big wow
- Exhaust sounds - SA started the car to pull it off the display curb - unimpressive exhaust outside the car. Inside and driving, the sound was surprisingly great. Had everything in its most aggressive modes...I felt as if you could hear more turbo swooshes and a natural sounding exhaust tone. Did not sound nearly as artificial as it does in the video reviews I've watched to date
- Internal sounds in general, the car is MUCH more refined in terms of general road/cabin noise. The demo model had the 18s which surely accounted for a lot of that comfort, but still...the improvement is stark in contrast to my '17
- Door card arm rests are almost non-existent, and the door card design overall is...interesting. Your palm goes over the window buttons to pull/push the door. Gone is the grip swooping up from the window controls. This allows for more knee room on the door side, and overall greater feeling for roominess, but it's an interesting choice.
- Standard seats are just okay - standard W205 seats seem more aggressive in bolstering and more comfortable for my thighs & torso contact. SA said it sounds like there are very few performance seats actually getting produced for 2023 MY.
- Turbo lag is greatly reduced, and performance seemed fine. General snappiness and sporty feeling from an engine perspective is there, albeit more docile than the M276. I'm on the fence.
- They had a Selenite w/studio package in the showroom...looks amazing in person all cleaned up. I don't love the extra rear lower diffuser blade that hangs below the fins, but it's not a deal breaker from a design perspective
I feel the price difference between it and the 340i is justified however.

The c43 comes with a handbuilt engine from amg. 4 wheel steering. Impressive new interior. Plus if it's 76k, it probably has some options the 340i doesnt even offer.
Old 04-14-2023, 03:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 681 Likes on 536 Posts
c
Originally Posted by RichardCranium3
First off - I think pricing is the hardest pill to swallow. MF is double that of my MY19 C43 right now. Interest is similar. So the car is more expensive and less affordable if that makes sense.

Standard seats might be less sporty than the W205 but I found them to be extremely plush, especially the tush cushion. I felt like I could ride for hours on it and I still felt controlled. I personally wouldn't have the car without the performance seats - it sets it apart from both the competition and the standard c300.

The 4 cylinder is extremely smooth and the larger size of the car and increased "riding on rails" feeling hides the speed more than the W205 did.

I don't feel like 18's are fitting for the car in anyway, unfortunately. The drive pods are amazing and completely customizable - one of my favorite things.

Thanks for your input.

Last edited by alexasa; 04-14-2023 at 03:23 PM.
Old 04-14-2023, 03:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 274 Likes on 204 Posts
'19 CLS450
I feel the price difference between it and the 340i is justified however.

The c43 comes with a handbuilt engine from amg. 4 wheel steering. Impressive new interior. Plus if it's 76k, it probably has some options the 340i doesnt even offer.
Originally Posted by alexasa
First off - I think pricing is the hardest pill to swallow. MF is double that of my MY19 C43 right now. Interest is similar. So the car is more expensive and less affordable if that makes sense.

Standard seats might be less sporty than the W205 but I found them to be extremely plush, especially the tush cushion. I felt like I could ride for hours on it and I still felt controlled.

The 4 cylinder is extremely smooth and the larger size of the car and increased "riding on rails" feeling hides the speed more than the W205 did.

I don't feel like 18's are fitting for the car in anyway, unfortunately. The drive pods are amazing and completely customizable - one of my favorite things.

Thanks for your input.
For the most part, no major disagreements.

- The OMOE philosophy is not a defining selling factor in my eyes...cool, sure. That said, I'm never going to give more points to MB for it over BMW or any other house...just my feelings. An argument for another page.
- The cockpit is second to none for the segment, hands down...that said, there's a lot to get used to on the drive screen alone. Impossible to absorb or notice it all in test drive. On the other hand, I'm not opposed to a more visceral, slightly less refined experience with an $8k cheaper bill
- The sensation of speed, or lack their of, was damn near shocking - hit 80 in comfort mode at one point and felt like I was doing 45! Good and bad depending what matters most to your experience
- Agreed on the wheels - would still probably order with 18s for winter wheels, and a get dedicated summer set. The third car they received came with the 20s...destroyed both passenger side wheels & tires the first 2 blocks off the lot. My SA was driving, said he was going 20 tops! Ouch!
eatmydust (04-14-2023)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: 2023 C 43 Order Guide