Iceman's Build, Pics, Mods, Etc.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-27-2016, 12:41 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2015 C63S / 2015 BMW M4
Originally Posted by bgm130
Hey iceman,
Great thread, I have read it over and realized you are doing what has been in my head as far as mods.
Great review of the piggyback. I was planning on getting one down the road for track days. The long install vs the 15 minute one is a huge factor.
Did you notice and adaptation period like it getting stronger over the past few days? Or was it WOW power right away to match the sound
Thanks bro. I think the WOW factor was there right away but the car has been pulling hard over the last few days -- no question. Having said that, I want to be a bit cautious though with my comments until I get on a dyno to confirm the increased power. The butt dyno says its certainly there.
Old 02-27-2016, 12:49 PM

2015 C63S / 2015 BMW M4
Originally Posted by Alex@PE
Loving the build thus far. Looking forward to seeing your dyno results!

Hopefully we can have an OBDII solution for our ECU tune much sooner than later!
Thanks...! The OBDII solution would have been ideal but it could be another year or two before we see any progress there. MB and BMW are making it tough for aftermarket tuners so the best options for increased power seems to be via harness. There are pros and cons for both so I decided in the short term to pull the trigger on the piggyback. Praying I don't face any reliability issues -- so far no problems.
Old 03-25-2016, 03:30 PM

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts
2014 E63 AMG S 4MATIC
I just purchased mine today and I don't really foresee any reliability issues. I would assume that Rebellion wouldn't make the piggy too aggressive since it's the timing and boost that's being manipulated. I'll be creating my own thread soon with all my mods in about two weeks(installation commences next Friday) and I'll be reviewing the piggy back tune as well.
Old 03-26-2016, 06:32 PM

2015 C63S / 2015 BMW M4
Originally Posted by godrealm06
I just purchased mine today and I don't really foresee any reliability issues. I would assume that Rebellion wouldn't make the piggy too aggressive since it's the timing and boost that's being manipulated. I'll be creating my own thread soon with all my mods in about two weeks(installation commences next Friday) and I'll be reviewing the piggy back tune as well.
Nice -- I think you'll be pleased with the gains.