Sponsored by:

external temp reading

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-07-2015, 11:25 PM

Received 72 Likes on 52 Posts
2018 e63s edition 1
external temp reading

This is probably a silly question but does whatever is used to measure the external temp have anything to do with how the car runs or anything other than just the outside temp reading? The reason I ask is because for whatever reason my external temp is way off, it's over by a good 15C degrees and my car has been running kind of weird in this mid 30C heat that we've been having. A friend with a diesel truck mentioned that whatever projects the external temp for his truck also controlled something else.
Old 07-07-2015, 11:27 PM

Received 72 Likes on 52 Posts
2018 e63s edition 1
ugh wrong forum, this is supposed to be in w204 c63, please delete
Old 07-08-2015, 09:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2016 C63S
Originally Posted by ShaneN.
This is probably a silly question but does whatever is used to measure the external temp have anything to do with how the car runs or anything other than just the outside temp reading? The reason I ask is because for whatever reason my external temp is way off, it's over by a good 15C degrees and my car has been running kind of weird in this mid 30C heat that we've been having. A friend with a diesel truck mentioned that whatever projects the external temp for his truck also controlled something else.
I've gotten false readings on my vehicle as well but they usually catch-up after driving for a bit. You are saying it remains way off after driving a while?