2016 C63S Sedan
Is bigger always better

http://blog.caranddriver.com/round-u...+and+Driver%29

http://www.caranddriver.com/features...d-tires-tested

Interesting tire articles
Old 08-10-2015, 08:05 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W203 C230 SPORT

I find C&D to be the "tabloids" of auto journalism. Their bias/preference is about as obvious as a sledgehammer. Nothing they report is objective.

If it was up to C&D, we'd all end up driving M3's and Accord's, because everything else to them blows.

The only trusted sources I really pay any attention to is CAR, UK or EVO, UK.

Last edited by AMGFTMFW; 08-10-2015 at 08:07 PM.
Old 08-10-2015, 08:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 114 Likes on 99 Posts
2016 C63S Sedan
Originally Posted by AMGFTMFW
I find C&D to be the "tabloids" of auto journalism. Their bias/preference is about as obvious as a sledgehammer. Nothing they report is objective.

If it was up to C&D, we'd all end up driving M3's and Accord's, because everything else to them blows.

The only trusted sources I really pay any attention to is CAR, UK or EVO, UK.

I'm with you on that but there are some good points. The Vette is better and not all from the tires of course but there is new compounds and diff tech in tires. When tires get larger they get heavier and increased unsprung weight.
If we put on larger tires we probably go to a 30 aspect and the car rides worse.
By the way does the dealer have a way to adjust for a diff diameter to keep the speedometer correct?
Old 08-10-2015, 11:11 PM
AV1
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 55 Likes on 48 Posts
C204 C250-CDI
There are lots of interesting articles out there that I've read regarding this topic and some go to some length to describe why and how it is that in some cases lesser width provides better grip than wider widths considering same tyre type on same vehicle etc.

Surface area, weight and resultant pressure have a lot to do with it besides tyre compounds etc.

It's all a compromise in the end, you just have to settle for whichever combination suits your requirements best.

Speedometer corrections can also be done these days on mostly all newer cars via OBD 2 link to the ecu.