C63/C63S AMG
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C63S Arrived Early! Happy / Sad...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-25-2015 | 05:03 PM

EQC 4matic AMG line Premium Plus replacing S213 220d 4matic with airmatic
I think you did the right thing, i am unsure of the safety re thefts of keyless go and am not bothered with it but love the keyless start. But you will have regretted the lack of the ils especially in such a high spec car. Ils is really brilliant. Great interior!
Old 09-21-2015 | 08:36 AM

Mercedes-Benz 2016 C63S
Originally Posted by parkwood
I think you did the right thing, i am unsure of the safety re thefts of keyless go and am not bothered with it but love the keyless start. But you will have regretted the lack of the ils especially in such a high spec car. Ils is really brilliant. Great interior!
Thanks PW and sorry for the late reply. I am certainly now looking forward to getting the new car with the additional spec. Sounds like the ILS is going to be another thing to be very happy about on this car.

I must admit that its also nice to have this "loan" car until then I think the rear tyres are begging for a little break I did run the engine in nicely though as I wouldn't want anyone else who ends up with that car buying an abused engine, but even so, and now that its run in, it loves corners, and definitely needs wider wheels. 285 or a touch larger has to be about right for the rears... has anyone tried 285's on stock 19" rims yet?
Old 09-21-2015 | 08:54 PM

09 c63
Sorry to here about the performance package messup. They actually did the same thing with my 09 c63 which were the first fitted with such a package. My order amd many others were affected, I actually refused delivery and got it sorted out. Surprised to see its still a problem, they certainly charge enough for these options you think they'd follow through with all of them!
Old 09-21-2015 | 10:46 PM
AV1
MBWorld Fanatic!

C204 C250-CDI
Originally Posted by hyperion667
very nice OP! looks like a great ride.....

I would be livid however, if the car I configured, wasn't the way I configured it......period

at any rate, enjoy the car
Originally Posted by YellowJacket
I would have made them order a new one, at invoice dealer cost. A car without Keyless go is unacceptable in this age. That one feature alone would **** me off every single time I get into the car.

Sorry to the OP to also echo these thoughts but totally agree with the above 100%.

I simply would not accept it that way and get what I originally ordered full stop no questions wait or not - waiting time/s have never bothered me anyway.

That aside as above enjoy lots of happy motoring with your corrected order of choice

Last edited by AV1; 09-21-2015 at 10:49 PM.
Old 09-24-2015 | 05:46 PM

W205 C63 S
You won't regret the change to the perfect spec. The premium pack is a must in my view, the stereo alone is worth the money and keyless go is perfect.
Old 10-28-2015 | 04:59 AM

Mercedes-Benz 2016 C63S
Well my new car arrived - earlier than expected - and I'm very happy with it. Has the full spec of my original order. Matt-the-man was spot on regarding the uprated audio system, it really is much better than the stock system thankfully. Much punchier sound and bass. The stock system sounded very treble heavy no matter how much bass you turn up or treble you turn down. Keyless entry/start etc is just really nice to have and convenient. But it's also the powered boot and that awesome pano sunroof that just seal the deal. Lovely car and thrilled with it. Also very pleased that this car came with the Michelin PSS!

Thank you again to all for the "encouragement" to push for the full spec car I had originally ordered. Hope everyone is loving their cars!

Any UK peeps part of any MB communities/sites where get together's are organised? I'll obviously do some searches too but if people know of any good ones that would be great.

Last edited by sabre1978; 10-28-2015 at 05:02 AM.
Old 10-28-2015 | 07:42 AM

C63 AMG W205
Hi from another UK member!

Would love to see some pics of the new improved version
Old 10-28-2015 | 03:30 PM

C8, FF, C63S, 911 C4S, GTI, E350, Boxster S, 355, Esprit S4, Vantage, S5, Z4, M3, Miata, A4, 325is
Originally Posted by sabre1978
Well my new c63s arrived almost 3 weeks early which was great news! I went to the dealership on Tuesday night to go and see the car. As we were walking to the lot the Salesman I had been dealing with the entire time told me he did have a little bad news to tell me, the car arrived from the AMG factory without the Premium Package installed.... this is what my spec was meant to have been, and arrived with, except the premium package. ...

The drivers assistance package is already awesome in my eyes! ....
This is totally the salesperson's responsibility. He should have been fired for this as they are the ones that "key in" the information into the computer order.

Regarding the driver's assistance package, I assume this comes with DISTRONIC PLUS with the steering assist? Have you tried it yet? If so, at what point does the system "lose" the lanes? I.e. - how much of a curve can it handle?
Old 10-28-2015 | 03:50 PM

C8, FF, C63S, 911 C4S, GTI, E350, Boxster S, 355, Esprit S4, Vantage, S5, Z4, M3, Miata, A4, 325is
Originally Posted by YellowJacket
I would have made them order a new one, at invoice dealer cost. A car without Keyless go is unacceptable in this age. That one feature alone would **** me off every single time I get into the car.
You can get this added... The dealer just showed me this today and I confirmed it with our current E350. They literally insert the "button" into the key slot. I can pull the one in our E350 out! That's all there is to it!
Old 10-28-2015 | 06:58 PM

W205 C63 S
Originally Posted by sabre1978
Well my new car arrived - earlier than expected - and I'm very happy with it. Has the full spec of my original order. Matt-the-man was spot on regarding the uprated audio system, it really is much better than the stock system thankfully. Much punchier sound and bass. The stock system sounded very treble heavy no matter how much bass you turn up or treble you turn down. Keyless entry/start etc is just really nice to have and convenient. But it's also the powered boot and that awesome pano sunroof that just seal the deal. Lovely car and thrilled with it. Also very pleased that this car came with the Michelin PSS!

Thank you again to all for the "encouragement" to push for the full spec car I had originally ordered. Hope everyone is loving their cars!

Any UK peeps part of any MB communities/sites where get together's are organised? I'll obviously do some searches too but if people know of any good ones that would be great.
Great news Sabre, I'm glad you're enjoying the stereo, as I say, I couldn't live without it.

Have you had your complimentary AMG driving session? I did mine last week, it's excellent! Join the AMG private lounge and mbclub.co.uk - both have events organised from time to time - I've only been to one before but it's always nice to meet up with fellow owners, where are you based?
Old 10-28-2015 | 07:36 PM
Out Of Control!!

2014 E63S; AMS 100 octane ecu tune; edok tcu tune; BB intakes; dyno tuned
Congrats man, sweet ride
Old 10-29-2015 | 12:46 AM

C63s Edition 1
Awesome customer service by MB in this case. All companies make mistakes - it's how they act from that point on that counts.

The new car smell and fresh tires alone is worth the £1000