What colour is this?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-27-2015, 08:34 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
A45, Amarok, C63s Edition 1 wagon.
Lightbulb What colour is this?

Hi,

I've placed an order for a C63s Edition 1 estate. Delivery should be in January.

I ordered Diamond White but I'm able to change that for another few weeks. I found these photographs yesterday:

From http://www.autogespot.com/mercedes-a...n-1/2015/08/18

I think that colour combination looks awesome. The trouble is, neither my dealer nor I can figure out if that's Iridium Silver or Iridium Silver Magno. We both think it's the Magno version, but aren't entirely sure. Any thoughts? Whatever it is, I want it. I just don't want to change my order to the "wrong" colour

Cheers!
Old 08-28-2015, 01:22 PM

15 AMG C63S ED1
Doing a google search it appears the "Magno" paints are matte in colour. That's what this estate looks like to me.
Old 08-28-2015, 02:03 PM

Received 72 Likes on 50 Posts
Iridium Silver Magno. I agree it looks killer. But please look up how to care for Matte Paint before making the switch. Matte paint is way harder than gloss paint. Make sure you are willing to put in the effort.
Old 08-28-2015, 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by mister2d
Doing a google search it appears the "Magno" paints are matte in colour. That's what this estate looks like to me.
I think you're right. I tailed a C250 in regular Iridium Silver yesterday and it looked good but also looked like every other boring Mercedes out there. Magno with Edition 1 would look pretty special

Originally Posted by obbob
Iridium Silver Magno. I agree it looks killer. But please look up how to care for Matte Paint before making the switch. Matte paint is way harder than gloss paint. Make sure you are willing to put in the effort.
Thanks for the input - that's something I hadn't considered. I haven't had a matte car before.

I'm planning to get the entire car wrapped in Xpel Ultimate - a 'self healing' protection film. I have it on the A45 and it's paid for itself a couple of times. I'll have to call the guy who applies it to see what his experience with it and matte colours is. I don't want to lose the matte effect but a little gloss would probably work well.

Thanks again!
Old 08-29-2015, 11:11 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2016 c63s
Originally Posted by finch!
I think you're right. I tailed a C250 in regular Iridium Silver yesterday and it looked good but also looked like every other boring Mercedes out there. Magno with Edition 1 would look pretty special

Thanks for the input - that's something I hadn't considered. I haven't had a matte car before.

I'm planning to get the entire car wrapped in Xpel Ultimate - a 'self healing' protection film. I have it on the A45 and it's paid for itself a couple of times. I'll have to call the guy who applies it to see what his experience with it and matte colours is. I don't want to lose the matte effect but a little gloss would probably work well.

Thanks again!
Ask your guy about xpel stealth. I think that's the wrap that makes your car into a matte color. So if your car is silver, putting on the stealth wrap will make it matte silver.

Found this:
http://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/other-cars/2656760-xpel-stealth-before-and-after-photos.html

Last edited by dtshd; 08-29-2015 at 11:13 AM.
Old 08-29-2015, 08:46 PM

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts
14 GL550; 14 E63s
Originally Posted by obbob
I had an W204 Edition 1 coupe with the magno night black matte paint and I thought it was easier to take care of as you never had to wax it. Just soap and water and viola. I used Dr. Beasley's products.

I would buy that paint again in a heartbeat. I keep telling myself I'm going to order another benz at some paint and custom order that pain color. Color code 056.

Sick looking car BTW!
Old 10-08-2015, 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by dtshd
Ask your guy about xpel stealth. I think that's the wrap that makes your car into a matte color. So if your car is silver, putting on the stealth wrap will make it matte silver.

Found this:
http://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/...er-photos.html
Looks like I forgot about this thread and found it when I was searching Google for "Iridium Silver Xpel Stealth" - which might be an indication of what's happened...!

I've changed the Diamond White C63s to Iridium Silver. I think the Edition 1 package is a bit much contrast against white on a wagon and I have an A45 and VW Amarok in white with black wheels already and want something different.

I'm still on the fence re: Stealth or Ultimate. I'll get a panel done in both and see which I prefer.

The car is being built in two months. I waited 12 for the A45, so in theory this should be easier. In reality, it's more difficult!

Originally Posted by Shellbmb
Sick looking car BTW!
Thanks! I can't wait...!