C63/C63S AMG
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mercedes-AMG C63S Coupe in Selenite Grey (PICS)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-29-2016, 04:51 PM

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
AMG GTR
Trim105, thanks for impressions and congrats on the car! Love your spec, especially the interior.
The following users liked this post:
Trim105 (08-29-2016)
Old 08-29-2016, 07:05 PM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
2017 Mercedes-AMG C63S Coupe
Originally Posted by Trim105
Thought I'd give some impressions of the car having driven it for a few days.

First of all, I freaking love this thing , can't really fault it at all so far.

Looks - Now, beauty is in the eye of the beholder but honestly, the coupe is absolutely stunning from every angle. I can't stop admiring it every time I approach it. The stance, the flared wheel arches, the overall profile of the car, and how much it stands out from the regular C coupe. It's a real looker and head turner in every sense. The interior outdoes every other car in it's class, modern and sporty yet elegant and the quality and finish is excellent. Haven't had any rattles or squeaks either.

Engine/Sound - Same story with it's 4 door counterparts with the 4.0 Biturbo V8, I never experienced the old C63 so can't compare with that but this engine is excellent. Power delivery is smooth, effortless and there is pretty much zero turbo lag. In comfort mode it can take a bit of extra pedal travel to get moving but that's not much of an issue.

The sound it makes is spine-tingling, the exhaust note sounds like rolling thunder and gives me possibly the biggest smiles I have had in my life whenever I start the car and while driving it The signature, deep burble is noticeably more aggressive than the saloon and estate and thanks to the perf. exhuast that can be experienced in whichever driving mode you're in (especially handy since I have to keep it predominantly in comfort for the break-in).

Handling/Dynamics - Another win. Love the way the car rides, body-roll is kept to a minimum. The steering (while light) is quite direct and its easy to point the car exactly where you want it to go. Front and rear grip is superb, the car keeps itself planted but isn't afraid to let the rear slip out when you hammer it, even when that happens it's easily controlled and brought back in-line.

I'm extremely pleased with the suspension, in comfort it has a surprisingly supple and refined ride (easily outdoes it's 4 door siblings and the M4 in this respect), it can get a bit jarring on very poor/bumpy road surfaces but that's to be expected from a sports suspension and the bigger tyres. Even in sport and sport+ the ride is still compliant and bearable despite the extra stiffness.

Tech - I'm a sucker for tech so I'm very pleased with what Mercedes has on offer, I've used and loved the assistance systems in family members merc's so I had to get them in mine, distronic is a life-saver on those motorway journey's.
The HUD is a very cool party trick but is also genuinely useful too. Doesn't disturb the view ahead and shows you everything you need to know (although it would be nice for it to show call and media information like in BMW's).

Coming from a BMW myself I'm a big fan of iDrive, however I'm very pleased with the COMAND system, image quality is great, well animated, relatively easy to navigate once you're used to it and has some nice features, although I will admit iDrive is perhaps a bit more user friendly. Also the burmester system while not the best I've heard is actually quite good, not as bad as the comments on the forums would suggest (I never actually listened to music or radio when I tried the saloon but perhaps it was altered for the coupe).

Refinement/Utility - Wind noise is well isolated but there is quite a bit of road noise from the bigger tyres. My car came with the performance seats and I absolutely love them, they give a perfect balance of comfort and support and they look great too. Rear space and comfort are 'ok', on a short drive it shouldn't be an issue but I had a passenger at the back on my drive from York to London and after a while they were quite uncomfortable so that's something to be aware of.

This car is great as a daily driver. The reason for this is perhaps the best thing about the car, it has 2 separate character's that can easily be accessed on the fly. If you want to take it easy, the car can cruise along in comfort with ease, but put your foot down and it becomes an absolute beast 'straight outta affalterbach' . Fuel economy is decent (but none of us who bought this kind of car really cares about that kind of stuff do we ).

Well that's my review, a perfect 10/10 for the C63s coupe from me. Hope you guys liked the read. Feel free to ask about anything I didn't mention.
Nice review man !! Really liked the read, sounds so promising, the waiting just got more painful
Trim105 (08-29-2016)
Old 08-29-2016, 07:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 258 Likes on 225 Posts
AMG C63s
Thought I'd give some impressions of the car having driven it for a few days.

First of all, I freaking love this thing , can't really fault it at all so far.

Looks - Now, beauty is in the eye of the beholder but honestly, the coupe is absolutely stunning from every angle. I can't stop admiring it every time I approach it. The stance, the flared wheel arches, the overall profile of the car, and how much it stands out from the regular C coupe. It's a real looker and head turner in every sense. The interior outdoes every other car in it's class, modern and sporty yet elegant and the quality and finish is excellent. Haven't had any rattles or squeaks either.

Engine/Sound - Same story with it's 4 door counterparts with the 4.0 Biturbo V8, I never experienced the old C63 so can't compare with that but this engine is excellent. Power delivery is smooth, effortless and there is pretty much zero turbo lag. In comfort mode it can take a bit of extra pedal travel to get moving but that's not much of an issue.

The sound it makes is spine-tingling, the exhaust note sounds like rolling thunder and gives me possibly the biggest smiles I have had in my life whenever I start the car and while driving it The signature, deep burble is noticeably more aggressive than the saloon and estate and thanks to the perf. exhuast that can be experienced in whichever driving mode you're in (especially handy since I have to keep it predominantly in comfort for the break-in).

Handling/Dynamics - Another win. Love the way the car rides, body-roll is kept to a minimum. The steering (while light) is quite direct and its easy to point the car exactly where you want it to go. Front and rear grip is superb, the car keeps itself planted but isn't afraid to let the rear slip out when you hammer it, even when that happens it's easily controlled and brought back in-line.

I'm extremely pleased with the suspension, in comfort it has a surprisingly supple and refined ride (easily outdoes it's 4 door siblings and the M4 in this respect), it can get a bit jarring on very poor/bumpy road surfaces but that's to be expected from a sports suspension and the bigger tyres. Even in sport and sport+ the ride is still compliant and bearable despite the extra stiffness.

Tech - I'm a sucker for tech so I'm very pleased with what Mercedes has on offer, I've used and loved the assistance systems in family members merc's so I had to get them in mine, distronic is a life-saver on those motorway journey's.
The HUD is a very cool party trick but is also genuinely useful too. Doesn't disturb the view ahead and shows you everything you need to know (although it would be nice for it to show call and media information like in BMW's).

Coming from a BMW myself I'm a big fan of iDrive, however I'm very pleased with the COMAND system, image quality is great, well animated, relatively easy to navigate once you're used to it and has some nice features, although I will admit iDrive is perhaps a bit more user friendly. Also the burmester system while not the best I've heard is actually quite good, not as bad as the comments on the forums would suggest (I never actually listened to music or radio when I tried the saloon but perhaps it was altered for the coupe).

Refinement/Utility - Wind noise is well isolated but there is quite a bit of road noise from the bigger tyres. My car came with the performance seats and I absolutely love them, they give a perfect balance of comfort and support and they look great too. Rear space and comfort are 'ok', on a short drive it shouldn't be an issue but I had a passenger at the back on my drive from York to London and after a while they were quite uncomfortable so that's something to be aware of.

This car is great as a daily driver. The reason for this is perhaps the best thing about the car, it has 2 separate character's that can easily be accessed on the fly. If you want to take it easy, the car can cruise along in comfort with ease, but put your foot down and it becomes an absolute beast 'straight outta affalterbach' . Fuel economy is decent (but none of us who bought this kind of car really cares about that kind of stuff do we ).

Well that's my review, a perfect 10/10 for the C63s coupe from me. Hope you guys liked the read. Feel free to ask about anything I didn't mention.
Great review TRIM, the long wait was well worth it!

Enjoy the new beast
Trim105 (08-29-2016)
Old 08-29-2016, 10:57 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
BMW X5, BMW 435 Convertible
Trim105, thank you for the review! I would also love to see more pics whenever you have a chance. Enjoy your vehicle!!
Trim105 (08-30-2016)
Old 08-29-2016, 11:39 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Audi SQ5
Originally Posted by thewb
Local guy nice! Let's get some wheels built for you so that we can slap them on the moment she arrives and have them installed for a proper shoot. Possibly the first C63 Coupe on premium custom forged wheels sounds pretty sweet.
At the rate Jay is going, we will need to catch up!
Old 08-30-2016, 05:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 52 Likes on 49 Posts
C63s
Has anyone seen the Fiberglass interior in person? I'm worried that it looks like plastic (Camry-esque) versus a high quality interior, a la Carbon Fiber. I wanted a lighter interior than the carbon fiber offered based on my color choices but now having second thoughts. Anyone??? Pictures? Thoughts? I'm running out of time to change this....
Old 08-30-2016, 05:17 PM

Received 97 Likes on 90 Posts
911 991 TTS, Audi RS6 C7 Performance Edition, AMG GTS
Great review Trim, enjoy the car mate. You are in a very exclusive club in the UK right now! I've only seen a single black C63s coupe on the roads so far.
Save
The following 2 users liked this post by DragonRR:
stevel8206 (08-30-2016), Trim105 (08-30-2016)
Old 08-31-2016, 04:49 PM

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts
2018 E63S,2016 C63 S Edition 1 Coupe(gone), 2011 640D M Sports Coupe, 2015 435i M Sports Coupe
Nice review Trim sound like you love the car and it compares well to the Bmw which I was worried about coming from the 640d which rides lovely in all modes but miss the sound of a petrol engine roaring when you put your foot down. And it sounds like the C63 S meets all the requirements nicely.
Trim105 (09-01-2016)
Old 09-01-2016, 05:54 AM

Received 70 Likes on 55 Posts
C63S Coupe/Range Rover Vogue SE
Originally Posted by DragonRR
Great review Trim, enjoy the car mate. You are in a very exclusive club in the UK right now! I've only seen a single black C63s coupe on the roads so far.
Save
Thanks Dragon! I know, I feel quite special at the moment I did drive past a black c63s yesterday which is the only other one I've seen (maybe it was the same one you saw?)

Originally Posted by michael640D
Nice review Trim sound like you love the car and it compares well to the Bmw which I was worried about coming from the 640d which rides lovely in all modes but miss the sound of a petrol engine roaring when you put your foot down. And it sounds like the C63 S meets all the requirements nicely.
Love doesn't even begin to describe it Michael! But yes it's definitely a fantastic all rounder, it's just so fun to drive whilst still being very usable for the daily commute. Your 640d probably has a more comfortable ride overall but the c63 won't disappoint either way and as you said the sound when you put your foot down is well worth it.
Old 09-01-2016, 08:29 AM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
2017 Mercedes-AMG C63S Coupe
Went to the benz dealer yesterday to get an update about my build, they called the center and they confirmed my car will be delivered at the dealership 18th november ! Super excited, the countdown has now begun
Old 09-01-2016, 08:44 AM

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts
2018 E63S,2016 C63 S Edition 1 Coupe(gone), 2011 640D M Sports Coupe, 2015 435i M Sports Coupe
Thanks Dragon! I know, I feel quite special at the moment I did drive past a black c63s yesterday which is the only other one I've seen (maybe it was the same one you saw?)

Love doesn't even begin to describe it Michael! But yes it's definitely a fantastic all rounder, it's just so fun to drive whilst still being very usable for the daily commute. Your 640d probably has a more comfortable ride overall but the c63 won't disappoint either way and as you said the sound when you put your foot down is well worth it.
Thanks Trim was expecting the ride to be more like our 435i as the 640D is more of a grand tourer and is very comfortable on long journeys. But was willing to give up some comfort for that V8 sound track the C63 S delivers so well. Seven days till my build starts fingers crossed.
Old 09-02-2016, 02:12 PM

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
2017 AMG C63S Coupe
Just got word from my dealer. My C63S coupe is out of production and waiting for a ship! I hope to have it by end of month or early Oct. (to Dallas, TX). Anyone know if that's a reasonable expectation?

Last edited by jhillman; 09-02-2016 at 03:26 PM.
Old 09-02-2016, 02:38 PM

Received 66 Likes on 57 Posts
Originally Posted by jhillman
Just got word from my dealer. My C63S coupe is out of production and waiting for a ship! I hope to have it by end of month or early Sept. (to Dallas, TX). Anyone know if that's a reasonable expectation?
Its already early Sept so might be a bit tough to get it here from Germany that quickly...
Old 09-02-2016, 03:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 114 Likes on 99 Posts
2016 C63S Sedan
Originally Posted by inhartwetrust
Its already early Sept so might be a bit tough to get it here from Germany that quickly...

My guess is he forgot what month it is and meant Oct.
jhillman (09-02-2016)
Old 09-02-2016, 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by michael640D
Thanks Trim was expecting the ride to be more like our 435i as the 640D is more of a grand tourer and is very comfortable on long journeys. But was willing to give up some comfort for that V8 sound track the C63 S delivers so well. Seven days till my build starts fingers crossed.
Your expectations are on the right track then Took mine down to Surrey today for the AMG training at MB World (which was an absolute blast by the way!) and apart from the road noise it was a damn smooth ride

I've got just under 800 miles on the clock, so close to finishing break-in, have to be well behaved for just a little bit longer
Old 09-02-2016, 03:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 114 Likes on 99 Posts
2016 C63S Sedan
Your expectations are on the right track then Took mine down to Surrey today for the AMG training at MB World (which was an absolute blast by the way!) and apart from the road noise it was a damn smooth ride

I've got just under 800 miles on the clock, so close to finishing break-in, have to be well behaved for just a little bit longer

Don't be well behaved NO __NO
Old 09-02-2016, 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by RDOCA
Don't be well behaved NO __NO
Well now that you mention it...there was that time I went through a tunnel at full pelt in sport+, and a few days before that, and the other time before that too Plus several manual shifts, oh and the *few* times I've let it rev well over 4.5k and up to the redline (both stationary and while moving), and I threw her around some country roads yesterday...

As easy as it is to 'take it easy' with this car, it just begs to be driven like a hooligan
Uga Uga (09-02-2016)
Old 09-02-2016, 04:01 PM

Few more pics of 'Lady Grey'

Last edited by Trim105; 09-02-2016 at 04:07 PM.
The following 4 users liked this post by Trim105:
AlexZTuned (09-02-2016), DarthGerm (09-02-2016), JonAG72 (01-08-2018), Uga Uga (09-02-2016)
Old 09-02-2016, 07:16 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
BMW X5, BMW 435 Convertible
Trim, you car is absolutely gorgeous!!!
Trim105 (09-02-2016)
Old 09-03-2016, 10:58 AM

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
AMG GTR
Very pleased to say that I have finally placed an order. I went for the C63S Edition 1 in designo selenite grey, fully specced, including carbon exterior, carbon ceramic brakes and HUD. Order is confirmed and expecting delivery next year. I will keep the decals for now. If I don't like it I'll remove them.

For now I'll be driving an AMG CLA45 Not bad either.

Old 09-03-2016, 11:35 AM

Received 131 Likes on 117 Posts
2021 C63S coupe
very nice
Old 09-04-2016, 09:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 258 Likes on 225 Posts
AMG C63s

Oh man, that looks sickkkk!
Trim105 (09-05-2016)
Old 09-05-2016, 12:58 AM

Received 49 Likes on 41 Posts
C43 Coupe

Wow. She is drop-dead gorgeous, you're a lucky man Trim! Haha, if it wasn't for our harsh winters, I would have opted for the 63 for sure. Congrats, and enjoy your ride
Trim105 (09-05-2016)
Old 09-05-2016, 05:50 PM

Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts
BMW X5
Trim got snapped out and about

https://www.instagram.com/p/BJ_STbWB-6_/?hl=en
Trim105 (09-05-2016)
Old 09-05-2016, 07:21 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
bmw m3
So I have finally found out why my car isn't being driven around by myself. It passed QC but apparently was selected to do a deep quality control check to see how they can improve and tweak the production line.

Sod's law that it ended up being my car.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Mercedes-AMG C63S Coupe in Selenite Grey (PICS)