Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Paint Protection for C63s

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-13-2015, 06:21 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
c63s
i was told that the best paint Protection money can buy is Gyeon Q2 mohs plus. has anyone used it feedback
Old 10-13-2015, 06:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 258 Likes on 225 Posts
AMG C63s
Originally Posted by SBH-
great input! might go for the ceramic pro coating then.
I'm getting it next month, fingers crossed. Diamond white bright.

Awesome! Congratulations, I definitely recommend it. Just do your research on the best person to do it with in your area. Check their previous work and work shop. You want to take it somewhere professional that will provide you with the best service!
Old 10-13-2015, 09:53 PM

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
2016 C63S AMG
I'm kicking myself right now. I should've added cquartz finest or ceramic pro to my car as soon as I got it. The stuff looks great.
Old 10-13-2015, 10:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG C63s
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by texasmade
I'm kicking myself right now. I should've added cquartz finest or ceramic pro to my car as soon as I got it. The stuff looks great.

What did you have done instead? - You can still get it done, they will just do a paint correction before hand.
Old 10-14-2015, 03:46 AM

Received 98 Likes on 96 Posts
C63S 2016
Originally Posted by Sanch
Awesome! Congratulations, I definitely recommend it. Just do your research on the best person to do it with in your area. Check their previous work and work shop. You want to take it somewhere professional that will provide you with the best service!
thanks!

yeah i'd say i'm going for it. hmm and about the workshop, i'll be doing it at ceramicpro themselves.
Old 10-14-2015, 03:47 AM

C63S 2016
Originally Posted by ole85
i was told that the best paint Protection money can buy is Gyeon Q2 mohs plus. has anyone used it feedback
unfortunately not me, but hey u'll hear so many good things about so many products ! it's really hard to tell which is really the best, I've been doing research and it keeps getting harder day by day
Old 10-14-2015, 06:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG C63s
thanks!

yeah i'd say i'm going for it. hmm and about the workshop, i'll be doing it at ceramicpro themselves.

Perfect! Unfortunately, in Sydney we only have authorized providers. Smaller market I guess.
Old 10-14-2015, 11:04 PM

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
2016 C63S AMG
What did you have done instead? - You can still get it done, they will just do a paint correction before hand.
Nothing. But I should've had it done when I first picked up my car as I still had my old car and would've been easier to deal with not having a car for several days. I probably will get something eventually.
Old 02-17-2016, 03:40 PM
GLO

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
W205 C250BT & R320cdi-L V251 (sold c220 cdi Elegance)
I see you point completely. Personally, I don't plan to remove it at all. If there are issues I'd just get it fixed and re coated

Blacked out with ceramic pro!

6 Layers of ceramic pro (external) + 2 Layers (Interior) - The finish is unbelievable!

Pics attached!
Looks fantastic!

How has it held up a year on?

My dealer is pushing Permagard for lifetime protection on body, rims and interior.

I don't usually consider dealer sold protection but supposedly it's the only protection approved by Mercedes.

What does everyone think compared to the other glass like coatings/protection that need maintenance applications 2-3 years later.

I plan to keep the car in the family for 10 years and only have off street parking.
Old 02-17-2016, 05:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG C63s
Still works perfectly, the water just beads off the car and I wash it about 4-6 weeks.

Thanks to the coating it looks clean!

Funny you should mention Permagard - I had it done to my car as well and in about 2 weeks I got it polished off and got the ceramic protected. It is the best imo.

The only other thing better is a full clear wrap but that's a lot of $$$$

Check out my guy Richard at Project Detail in Gladesville he takes care of my coating and car detailing. Drop my name Sanch, he will look after you.
Old 02-17-2016, 09:18 PM

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
2021 GLE53; 2018 Audi R8 V10 Plus
I just had my C63 ceramic coated today with Gtechniq Crystal Serum Black and my wheels coated with Gtechniq Wheel Armour. The Crystal Serum comes with an 8 year guarantee (better than CQuartz Finest). I had an amazing shop (Insane Paint Auto Detailing) in Birmingham, AL make a house call - spent 8 hours in my garage prepping my car and applying the CS Black. I don't think I have ever met anyone with as much passion for car detailing as the owner of this shop.

Anyway, they did an outstanding job (IMHO) and the Diamond White Metallic never looked so good! Here's some pics:

Old 02-17-2016, 11:14 PM
GLO

Still works perfectly, the water just beads off the car and I wash it about 4-6 weeks.

Funny you should mention Permagard - I had it done to my car as well and in about 2 weeks I got it polished off and got the ceramic protected. It is the best imo.
How long did you have the Permagard on for and where did it fail? Or were you just impressed with the other product so much the permagard had to be removed?

How about interior?

My colour is Iridium Silver so it's not as noticeable compared to Obsidian Black (wife R320cdi-L)
Old 02-17-2016, 11:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG C63s
Originally Posted by GLO
How long did you have the Permagard on for and where did it fail? Or were you just impressed with the other product so much the permagard had to be removed?

How about interior?

My colour is Iridium Silver so it's not as noticeable compared to Obsidian Black (wife R320cdi-L)
Had it for 2 weeks and opted for Ceramic Pro. The other product is far superior and has a lifetime warranty. YouTube some videos.

Perma is just a standard wax protection.

Interior and wheels/breaks were also protected with ceramic pro.
Old 02-18-2016, 01:26 AM

C63S 2016
Originally Posted by jeremyf0923
I just had my C63 ceramic coated today with Gtechniq Crystal Serum Black and my wheels coated with Gtechniq Wheel Armour. The Crystal Serum comes with an 8 year guarantee (better than CQuartz Finest). I had an amazing shop (Insane Paint Auto Detailing) in Birmingham, AL make a house call - spent 8 hours in my garage prepping my car and applying the CS Black. I don't think I have ever met anyone with as much passion for car detailing as the owner of this shop.

Anyway, they did an outstanding job (IMHO) and the Diamond White Metallic never looked so good! Here's some pics:

THAT looks SICK bro! I've got my diamond white bright coated with ceramic pro but unfortunately it doesn't look as good as yours ! I guess any car in black would look way better when coated than white !! Btw guys what shall I do to the inner side of the rims ? It's heavily dirty with brake dust!
Old 02-18-2016, 01:28 AM

C63S 2016

The only other thing better is a full clear wrap but that's a lot of $$$$

Check out my guy Richard at Project Detail in Gladesville he takes care of my coating and car detailing. Drop my name Sanch, he will look after you.

bro you mean days or weeks ? man I've got mine coated with ceramic pro and I have to wash to it every other day? I can see the dirt on the body as well as the black rims are getting unbelievably dirty (bronze-like color with all the brake dust)
Old 02-18-2016, 06:58 AM
Banned

Received 69 Likes on 58 Posts
'16 C63-S
I was about to get a Suntek Clear bro for the whole front... I'm now confused after reading this thread. Clear bra or ceramic coat?

Edit: Nvm, found my answers. http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showt...Clear-Bra-XPel

Last edited by Guilty; 02-18-2016 at 07:00 AM.
Old 02-18-2016, 07:33 AM
GLO

Originally Posted by - Guilty -
I was about to get a Suntek Clear bro for the whole front... I'm now confused after reading this thread. Clear bra or ceramic coat?

Edit: Nvm, found my answers. http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showt...Clear-Bra-XPel
Im tempted by the dealers Permagard protection but my 12 yo W203 still had good paint but stone chips were my main problem. I do 100km round trip on he motorway. So i am researching the 3M Scotchguard Pro PPF with full bonnet protection.

I might forgo general PP but still undecided.
Old 02-18-2016, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by - Guilty -

You actually can do both. Clear bra first and then ceramic coat. That is the absolute best protection you can get from chips and scratches. I thought about doing the clear bra for the entire front of car, but it was going to cost big bucks - couple thousand. I had to draw the line somewhere. Wife was already not thrilled about spending $85K on a car.
Old 02-18-2016, 11:46 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2016 C63
The most important thing you can do is be careful when washing your car. Remember that dirt is abrasive and you want to avoid rubbing the dirt against the surface of the paint. The best way to do this is to wash the car by hand and use plenty of water that will wash away the dirt instead of letting it accumulate in the brush or wash mitt. Use a constant stream of water aimed at the wash brush or mitt. The best thing to use is actually a boar's hair brush.
Old 02-18-2016, 07:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG C63s
bro you mean days or weeks ? man I've got mine coated with ceramic pro and I have to wash to it every other day? I can see the dirt on the body as well as the black rims are getting unbelievably dirty (bronze-like color with all the brake dust)
I mean weeks, do you also have Obsidian black?

My car is always garaged at work or at home so that helps too. But it's generally quite clean.

Don't even get me started with the satin black wheels, they are dirty within a day.

I'm planning on changing to the coupe soon, will get the same specs but opting for the titanium wheels this time around, for that reason!
Old 02-18-2016, 11:44 PM
Banned

Received 69 Likes on 58 Posts
'16 C63-S
I'll personally be getting a Suntek Clear Bra that covers the whole front (including headlights and mirrors) + bottom of the doors + rocker moldings and the rear bumper arches.

I'll also Opticoat the whole car.. The installer I'd like to use for the Clear Bear is fully booked until the 29th so I need to find a way not to damage the car in the meanwhile :/

I also need to get an AL Priority Quad Jammer. CHP seems to be using Lidar a lot. My Valentine One never goes off even though I see them pulling people over every day. A lot of ****ing money. Starting to burn a big whole in my bank account.
Old 02-19-2016, 05:30 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C63s 2016
I have my cars all coasted. i have two coats of Opticoat on my C63, 1 coat on my B250 and my new M X5 has Crystal Syrum.

These are all Ceramic coatings. My B250 had Ceramic coast, it failed in 3 months. It was machined off and Opticoat was applied.

We took our B250 to Cairns (Far north Queensland). we had to park outside the motel. we cam out the next morning and I kid you not, the car was covered in pelican and bat crap, you could not see out of the windows!

We got in, through the stink, went to a local car wash and spent 10 bucks and blasted it all off.

NO MARKS at all, anywhere. Opticoat saved the paint. These coats are worth it, i would not hesitate, but it takes all day to apply properly. I have had my wheels, callipers, glass and interior done too. Just in case those pelicans fly in through an open window...
Old 02-19-2016, 09:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Audi S4
Originally Posted by finch!
+1 for Xpel. I have Xpel Ultimate on the A45 and I'll have the entire C63s wagon covered in either Xpel Ultimate or Xpel Stealth. The interior is protected with Opti-Coat, as is the paint beneath the protection film.

I don't think your suppose to opticoat, then xpel ultimate over it. In fact, the xpel may not adhere correctly.
Old 02-19-2016, 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by frank69m
I don't think your suppose to opticoat, then xpel ultimate over it. In fact, the xpel may not adhere correctly.
Film first...then ceramic coating. Not the other way around.
Old 03-28-2016, 03:38 AM

Received 117 Likes on 102 Posts
C63S
Hey everyone,

I pick my new Obsidian Black C63S up tomorrow from the dealership. Looking after the paint and interior has always been a no brainer to me.

My last couple of BMW's and Mercedes have been treated with a dealership product called Fusion and I have been more then happy with how it's performed over the years not to mention it is 'Set and Forget', (nano-technology) no annual inspections or reapplication required and covers the interior and exterior with a lifetime warranty.

After spending the last month researching what's on the market and speaking with numerous protection product suppliers I am extremely confident that Fusion is the best way to go for my new C63S.

On researching I found that different companies offering the same products had inconsistencies in their warranty coverage, the application of their products and the most disturbing...one stated that he was mixing the old product with the new product resulting in a hybrid product. WHAT THE?

To make things worse, one would flat out not provide me with a warranty and the other would sell me a warranty but at a cost on top of the product price but proceeded to talk me out of it as it came with a long list of maintainance conditions that I had to pay for to maintain its short warranty period.

Oh, and one applied the product by hand while the other explained to me that he sprayed it on to the car through a paint gun as this made the application time less for him.

I got to tell you that I was shocked as these were reputable companies using the same product that is quite popular.

I think that when looking to protect your new investment especially a near $200k investment ask some simple questions...if there is hesitation or your not confident with what your hearing walk away...

- Is there warranty provided and does it cover bat droppings? (Companies will say "nothing protects against bat droppings" but reputable products will warrant against bat dropping damage)
- If a bat dropping damages my paint and needs paint repair will the warranty cover professional reprainting? (Confirm professional repairs are cover by the warranty and not just re-application of the product after owner organises and pays for the repair)
- Is there maintainance or inspections required to maintain warranty and is there a cost for these? (Normally not disclosed at time of purchase)
- Calculate maintainance costs (if any) over 5 year period and add to initial purchase price (I've been stung before)

At the end of the day why waste your money on an inferior protection product that wears off and requires re-application or your left with the cost of a repair...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Paint Protection for C63s