Speed Dependent Volume issues...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-09-2015, 05:35 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
C63 AMG W205
Speed Dependent Volume issues...

Hi All

Does anyone have any issues with their speed activated volume control - mine seems to lower the volume of the music when I stop, irrespective of whether I have the option selected or not!

If I tick the box then the volume changes with the speed of the vehicle, but even when I untick the box, the volume still drops a little when the vehicle actually comes to a halt.

Anyone elses do this? It is booked in on Thursday to have the diff oil service. I also have a very creaky drivers seat that needs fixing, the glovebox door creaks and I was going to mention this 'fault' but not sure if it is just designed this way??
Old 11-09-2015, 07:43 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2016 C63 S
I have the same exact issue! Regardless of the selection I make the volume still adjusts. When I come to a stop the volume for sure drops by a decent amount. I hadn't brought it up because it wasn't something I remembered when I have been at the dealer.

Please let me know what the dealer tells you.

Thanks!
Old 11-09-2015, 09:28 PM

Received 36 Likes on 22 Posts
2020 C63s Coupe, 2016 C63s Sedan
I looked for this setting today, but couldn't find it. Where the heck is it?
Old 11-10-2015, 04:17 AM

2016 C63 S
Under Vehicle. Then System Settings.
Old 11-10-2015, 03:45 PM

C63 AMG W205
It's annoying as it doesn't seem to make any difference if I select or I select the tick box - just wish it would stay at whatever volume I decide!
Old 11-16-2015, 04:09 AM

C63 AMG W205
Had no luck at the dealers sorting this problem out - they informed me over the phone it was 'sorted by a firmware update' but in reality it is exactly the same as it was before!

After reading other threads about this it appears it is something that you have to live with - the automatic volume adjustment ISNT the same as speed dependent volume as we are 'suffering' with! Turning it on/off alters the frequencies of the sound (or something like that!) automatically, nothing to do with speed.

Some owners have found the microphone (around the overhead console area) and taped it up with varying degrees of success, it appears to help but not eliminate, the problem!

On a positive note they fixed my creaky drivers seat, changed the diff oil for free and delivered the car back with a full tank of juice.

On a negative note, I now seem to have the creaking from the dash (the seat was obviously masking this noise!), it is caused by the front struts apparently, they are ordering parts and will get it back in this week to eb fixed.
Old 11-24-2015, 02:11 AM

2016 C63 S
Originally Posted by PA11LDH

Some owners have found the microphone (around the overhead console area) and taped it up with varying degrees of success, it appears to help but not eliminate, the problem!
Does anyone have a picture of where this microphone is?