C63/C63S AMG
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone ordered C63S AMG Diamond White in Australia?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-09-2015, 06:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes Bnez ML 400
Anyone ordered C63S AMG Diamond White in Australia?

Hi guys, just wondering anyone ordered or received their C63S in diamond white? Basically i ordered mine back in August, and my dealer told me i have to wait like 8 months to receive my car due to the popular demand of the diamond white paint. So almost 4 months have past, and i saw few white C63S on the road now, just wondering does anyone received their lovely car already or did you hear anything from the dealer? BTW i am in adelaide Australia. Peace!
Old 12-09-2015, 02:33 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C63S
Yes, I've got one on order. It's taking an eternity because it's diamond white and at this stage it will take at least 10 months from ordering to arrive. I also found out that it just got pushed out further even when the factory commit, so only believe the scheduled manufacturing date when you actually get a VIN. The dealers also have trouble trying to change allocations to diamond white if it's another colour and often it won't let them. If I had known the drama that this colour would cause, I would've gone with something else. If you order an estate, it's even more restrictive than the sedan. There appears for some reason to be a high chance of delay or push back from manufacturing for diamond white. If you do hold out and wait for it to arrive, it will be worth it as I have seen many polar white C63S sedans and estates and think they are too bright/cold.

Last edited by wumpyr99; 12-09-2015 at 02:48 PM.
Old 12-09-2015, 06:42 PM

Mercedes Bnez ML 400
Hey wumpyr99, thanks for your reply. I saw few of your replies back few months ago, so i assume you ordered your diamond white C63S earlier this year, so you still haven't received your car? Did the dealer give you the VIN number already or do you know when you are going to receive the car? Cheers
Old 12-09-2015, 07:51 PM

C63S
Mate, correct, don't have the car, don't even have a VIN. Hasn't been made yet, sometime next quarter. Basically I'll believe it when I see it. One thing I have learnt is don't believe the build date from manufacturing/germany. It's not a commitment and is subject to change. If they push it out again, I will likely pull the order and go find another car. It took seven months to even get a build date assigned! I'm totally over it.

Are you getting a sedan or estate?

Last edited by wumpyr99; 12-09-2015 at 07:53 PM.
Old 12-09-2015, 08:06 PM

Mercedes Bnez ML 400
Hi mate, that sounds really frustrated, you even ordered the car 4 months earlier than me. I am getting worried if i will able to get mine mid of next year. You have been waiting 7 months now and i don't think it's worth to pull the order now. So do you think if we switch to polar white or maybe other colours, we can get the car on hands quicker? BTW i am getting the sedan, may i ask how much you paid for your one? I paid 160K from mercedes-benz adelaide and nothing special, just diamond white paint, black spoke wheel, performance seats, no carbon spoiler, no ceramic brakes..I did saw few white C63S on road in adelaide, not sure it's diamond white or polar white.
Old 12-09-2015, 08:16 PM

A45, Amarok, C63s Edition 1 wagon.
I ordered a Diamond White wagon back in August or very early September - when was the AFL Grand Final? - and was given a December build date. I changed the order to Iridium Silver (I'm getting Edition 1 and think the contrast between white and black is too much, considering the A45 and Amarok are both white on black) and the build date didn't change. Wumpy69 mentioned issues with Diamond White allocation on another forum and that was enough to do it. With luck, a bunch of German dudes are building my car right now

This time around I'm going through Carlin and Gazzard at Mount Gambier. Service has been excellent (much better than my past dealings with the guys here in Adelaide) and they seem to get a much higher allocation than you'd expect for a regional dealer. I could have had my (Diamond White, Edition 1 wagon) car within a few weeks but acted too slowly and wasn't really ready to commit anyway. Oh well. Carlin and Gazzard always have interesting cars on the floor, too: last time I was there they had an E63 and a gorgeous white AMG GTS - the E63 was unsold, but didn't stay that way for long!

I've seen a couple of Diamond White sedans in Adelaide (and the car I test drove in Mount Gambier a few weeks ago was sold to an Adelaide buyer), and last night I finally got to hear a blue sedan being driven in anger up the freeway. I think the driver must only have had the car for a little while because they were using every excuse they could find to change gears, lift off, accelerate, etc. Sounded great - I should have followed it though the tunnels, but I took my exit before I realised what I'd missed out on.

I don't have a VIN yet, so we'll see what happens.

Last edited by finch!; 12-09-2015 at 08:25 PM.
Old 12-09-2015, 08:35 PM

Mercedes Bnez ML 400
Hi Finch, mate you are so lucky. So you said you ordered a diamond white wagon in late August, and immediately given a December build date, if i were you i will wait for the diamond white. This colour got more attention than another other colour on the road. I ordered mine late end of August as well, and was told have to waite 8 months, and i haven't received any update from the MBA boys since then. Damn i am so jealous you can receive the specific build date while i know nothing about the order status.
Yesterday I saw a beautiful Diamond white c63s in the car wash on the Unley road while i was waiting my car washed. That car got ceramic brake, and like you said the driver took every chance to accelerate hard and attract lots of attention on the road (that's exactly what we want for our C63s, isn't it?lol..)
Anyway please keep us update if you receive anything from the dealer, i am looking forward to see more C63s on road in adelaide. Cheers mate.
Old 12-09-2015, 08:42 PM
AV1
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 52 Likes on 45 Posts
C204 C250-CDI
Originally Posted by calvinadelaide
Hi guys, just wondering anyone ordered or received their C63S in diamond white? Basically i ordered mine back in August, and my dealer told me i have to wait like 8 months to receive my car due to the popular demand of the diamond white paint. So almost 4 months have past, and i saw few white C63S on the road now, just wondering does anyone received their lovely car already or did you hear anything from the dealer? BTW i am in adelaide Australia. Peace!
Have you ordered a white MB/AMG before this one ? because this whole diamond white supply/delay issue is old news...there are other related threads to this one

I was told the same thing back in 2011 regarding diamond white and it was the case even before that time too, unfortunately.

AFAIK the diamond white bright duco is made and supplied from a Japanese paint company, that may have something to do with the supply part of it.

As far as other white W205 C63's around here (I'm in Melbourne) yes I've seen plenty on the road, most recently 2 ED1's as well all depends how early you got your order in

A little off topic spare a thought if you were wanting a new CLA-45 with the latest updated version here in Australia its gone up to an almost 2 year wait
Old 12-09-2015, 08:46 PM

C63S
There is a bit more availability with sedans. C63S Estate allocations are limited and the dealer can switch an estate allocation to a sedan but not the reverse. The hardest combination to request in Australia appears to be a Diamond White Estate. I think finch might have got lucky with the December allocation. It may already have been a Diamond White by default in the system so they could just lock it in or change it as he has done. Diamond White allocations tend to get pushed out more often than others anecdotally.
Old 12-09-2015, 09:41 PM

Hi Finch, mate you are so lucky. So you said you ordered a diamond white wagon in late August, and immediately given a December build date, if i were you i will wait for the diamond white. This colour got more attention than another other colour on the road. I ordered mine late end of August as well, and was told have to waite 8 months, and i haven't received any update from the MBA boys since then. Damn i am so jealous you can receive the specific build date while i know nothing about the order status.
Yesterday I saw a beautiful Diamond white c63s in the car wash on the Unley road while i was waiting my car washed. That car got ceramic brake, and like you said the driver took every chance to accelerate hard and attract lots of attention on the road (that's exactly what we want for our C63s, isn't it?lol..)
Anyway please keep us update if you receive anything from the dealer, i am looking forward to see more C63s on road in adelaide. Cheers mate.
I do like Diamond White and if I weren't in love with the Edition 1 interior over the other lacklustre options I'd have stuck with it but I think the Edition 1 exterior works better with Iridium Silver - particularly Iridium Silver Magno, which I thought about but will try to emulate with Xpel Stealth or similar from Splash on Glen Osmond Road.

The lack of updates from MBA with the A45 is what turned me away from them this time around. The Mount Gambier guys have been great - my sales guy often emails links to videos, reviews, etc., and calls every few weeks with updates. I'm expecting to hear from him fairly soon - he's about due for a check in.

Try giving Jarrod at Carlin and Gazzard a call on 08 8723 8881. Mention that Steve who's ordered the silver Edition 1 wagon sent you. He might be able to offer some insight and if you're not sold on buying from MBA he might even be able to source a car for you sooner rather than later, but maybe not. Last time I spoke with him he mentioned that they were seeing a lot more C63 orders coming to them than they had in the past, but it's worth investigating, anyway

Originally Posted by wumpyr99
I think finch might have got lucky with the December allocation. It may already have been a Diamond White by default in the system so they could just lock it in or change it as he has done.
I wouldn't be surprised if you're right
Old 12-13-2015, 09:31 PM

Mercedes Bnez ML 400
Hi guys, latest update from Mercedes-Benz adelaide, it will take 12-18 months to have the diamond white C63S delivered. Holy crap, basically we will have to wait nearly 2 years to drive this car.
Old 12-13-2015, 11:10 PM

Hi guys, latest update from Mercedes-Benz adelaide, it will take 12-18 months to have the diamond white C63S delivered. Holy crap, basically we will have to wait nearly 2 years to drive this car.
Yikes

Did you ask about wait times for other colours?
Old 12-14-2015, 12:41 AM

Mercedes Bnez ML 400
Yes, i did ask them if i want change to polar white or even other colors would be possible to push my order earlier? However they said there are still dozen of people ahead of me, and the latest building date they have is March 2016, so based on their stories i will have to wait 12-18 months. That's is really crazy, i read on some car forums, people in the US ordered the same Diamond white at the same of time like me, and they received their car 2 months later. Not sure if it's because the C63S in the US market are made in US, and the rest of the world are made in Germany.
Old 12-14-2015, 02:46 AM

C63S
Mate, forget about Diamond White and pick another colour.

My opinion is that polar white is too bright and makes the C class look bigger than it needs to be. I've seen this on several W205/S205 over a period of time to form my opinion. I think Polar white would be nice on a smaller car, like a Golf R for example but not for a C Class. It's flat and stark/cold.

The metallic black is great in real life, I would pick it in a flash if I wanted a dark colour. The matte grey looks awesome in the flesh, but too hard to keep and will date quickly.

You should shop around for a dealer with a short(er) waiting list, you might be better off that way and get lucky.
Old 12-14-2015, 03:27 AM

Mercedes Bnez ML 400
Originally Posted by wumpyr99
Mate, forget about Diamond White and pick another colour.

My opinion is that polar white is too bright and makes the C class look bigger than it needs to be. I've seen this on several W205/S205 over a period of time to form my opinion. I think Polar white would be nice on a smaller car, like a Golf R for example but not for a C Class. It's flat and stark/cold.

The metallic black is great in real life, I would pick it in a flash if I wanted a dark colour. The matte grey looks awesome in the flesh, but too hard to keep and will date quickly.

You should shop around for a dealer with a short(er) waiting list, you might be better off that way and get lucky.
Yes, i am really thinking to give up the diamond white, the waiting list is so crazy. I am not going to spent 2 years waiting for a car and only drive 3 years and there is a new model replace it. Anyway I am going to service my ML 400 tomorrow, so i will ask my salesman personally if it possible to change to other colors, and i will keep you guys updated.
Old 12-14-2015, 07:01 PM

Mercedes Bnez ML 400
Just went to MB Adelaide this morning and talked to my salesperson and sit in a black C63S ED1 for a while, feel so good. Basically they have no idea what are the specific production dates for the whole orders. Also my salesperson did put a note for the stock control department I would like to change to other colors if the diamond white got delayed and also add the carbon fiber trim. Oh well fingers crossed, hopefully there is bit more information update after Christmas.
Old 12-14-2015, 07:09 PM

Diamond White is a great colour but I don't love it enough to wait that long. What specs are you getting? There are a few Diamond White sedans on Carsales.
Old 12-14-2015, 07:23 PM

Mercedes Bnez ML 400
Originally Posted by finch!
Diamond White is a great colour but I don't love it enough to wait that long. What specs are you getting? There are a few Diamond White sedans on Carsales.
Mate, you are right the diamond white is a great color but not worth waiting that long. So I decide to willing to take other colors if that can push order fast. I saw the black ED1 in their showroom this morning and it looks absolutely stunning. The sales guy told me they just purchased this secondhand ED1 from other dealership and if I want buy I need to pay something around $195K. Crazy huh...
I actually check the carsales everyday, and the diamond white C63S on the carsales are all secondhand( you know people how to drive this car). Beside I really want a brandnew car and sit inside and smell and feel it. Lol
I originally ordered a diamond white C63S with red nappa performance seats, 19inch black spoke wheels, and add the carbon fiber trim to my order this morning because I feel the standard black wood trim feels so normal just like standard C200. I didn't add the ceremic brake because I do not feel need it that much for everyday normal driving but if you have it good for you especially the yellow brakes make the car more sporty, and i want add the so called 'night package' as well but the sales said that's not available for the Australian market.
Old 12-14-2015, 07:38 PM

That's weird - the "night package" is standard on C63's here in Australia, according to the spec sheet I have from July.

$195000 for a C63 is just the dealer having a laugh. I'm paying $25000 less for an Edition 1 wagon.

I know what you mean with regards to a 'new' car. Seriously, try calling my guy at Mount Gambier and seeing what he can do. They get a surprising allocation down there and they're great people
Old 12-14-2015, 07:43 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
W205 c63S estate, 997 GT3, 981S
That's weird - the "night package" is standard on C63's here in Australia
my car has the night package. I couldn't "not" choose it, it was standard.
Old 12-14-2015, 07:48 PM

Mercedes Bnez ML 400
That's weird - the "night package" is standard on C63's here in Australia, according to the spec sheet I have from July.

$195000 for a C63 is just the dealer having a laugh. I'm paying $25000 less for an Edition 1 wagon.

I know what you mean with regards to a 'new' car. Seriously, try calling my guy at Mount Gambier and seeing what he can do. They get a surprising allocation down there and they're great people
Just called the Mount Gambier guys and they basically told me the same story. Anyway thanks for providing the information for me.
Old 12-14-2015, 07:52 PM

Mercedes Bnez ML 400
Originally Posted by PorGT3
my car has the night package. I couldn't "not" choose it, it was standard.
Really? Are you in Australia or US? Cause on the brochure dealership gave me there is no option of "night package".
Old 12-14-2015, 08:17 PM

Just called the Mount Gambier guys and they basically told me the same story. Anyway thanks for providing the information for me.
Bugger!

A lightly used car isn't a bad thing, provided it's close enough to the spec you want and has been well looked after. Still, that feeling of knowing that other people have driven it and loved it before you is a negative thing with a near new car even though it's a positive with a classic.

The night package is definitely standard in Australia on 2015 build cars. It's not optional, it's mandatory - included in the standard exterior equipment.
Old 12-15-2015, 03:16 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
c63s
yes i have one i ordered it in april
Old 12-15-2015, 03:36 AM

Mercedes Bnez ML 400
Originally Posted by ole85
yes i have one i ordered it in april
Have you received your car yet? And what is your order specification?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Anyone ordered C63S AMG Diamond White in Australia?