Got to sit in the new coupe yesterday

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-26-2016, 01:34 PM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
C63BS
Got to sit in the new coupe yesterday

Sorry no pics.

It was actually the standard non amg coupe. But i thought Id share some impressions when compared to my w204 coupe.

The new coupe was non amg so from the outside it was a little frumpy looking. But when compared to the non amg w204 coupe its miles ahead in terms of looks and styling. You do loose that raw "i'm going to rip your face off" feeling from the hard edges of the w204 but the overall package is much more sleek. I don't think it will stand out or turn heads the way the 204 does but objectively the styling is more sporty and more pleasing when you decide to look at it.

As for the interior it's also miles ahead of the 204. The one comment I will make is that it actually felt tight in there (wasnt actually tight, just gives the aura of being tight). I thinks it's mostly due to the large center console and the high door line giving that cockpit feeling. I kinda like it. But it will feel a little too intimate if you want to drive around with your friends

Overall impression of the new coupe is that it looks the right size with a nice upgrade in quality. It does loose some of te hard edge to the w204 but it's not a major thing unless u really want to go for that look.

Last edited by darkus; 02-26-2016 at 09:26 PM.
Old 02-26-2016, 01:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 158 Likes on 127 Posts
NB8 PARACHUTE
`

What colour was the coupe

What about drivers with long legs

Were you allowed to take pictures

Thank-You
D.B.

`
Old 02-26-2016, 01:56 PM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
C63BS
Originally Posted by COOPERDB
`

What colour was the coupe

What about drivers with long legs

Were you allowed to take pictures

Thank-You
D.B.

`
Hey DB,

The coupe was Black.

I think drivers with long legs will be A-ok. Im not tall at all (5'10), but I had to really bring the seat forward to get into my ideal position, so I could tell there is alot of travel for tall people.

Im sure I could have taken pictures if I wanted to, but since it was a standard non-AMG car, I didnt think it was worth it. It didnt have that badass-ness that the AMG will bring to the table with the wider fenders, lower stance and bigger wheels. The car was just sitting at a dealership. The MB rep was very friendly and knowledgable and mentioned the car was there for a dealer training excercise. But otherwise, the car was just sitting in the middle of the showroom floor.

I have no doubt in AMG guise this car will look badass and with the improved interior will be a nice upgrade. But the standard non-amg coupe is very 'meh' especially when these will be like a dime a dozen on the road

Last edited by darkus; 02-26-2016 at 01:58 PM.
Old 02-26-2016, 02:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 158 Likes on 127 Posts
NB8 PARACHUTE
`

Outstanding

Thank-You
D.B.

`
Old 02-26-2016, 09:00 PM

Received 70 Likes on 55 Posts
C63S Coupe/Range Rover Vogue SE
I sat in a standard coupe also when my showroom started receiving them in December (I'm in the UK). Agree with pretty much everything darkus has said although I do think overall it's much better looking than its predecessor, at least it's actually been made to look like a proper coupe this time and not a shortened saloon with 2 doors.

I don't think it felt particularly tight (I'm 6'1) but it definitely feels 'cosy'. What I will add is that rear legroom is nothing to shout about, definitely for short people only and even then not for too long a drive.

Can't wait to finally see the C63 in person, just looks so much more badass than the standard coupe.