Sponsored by:

Racing Harness

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-29-2016, 12:00 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
C63 W205 Edition 1
Racing Harness

Does anyone have any insight into racing harnesses?

Would love to set some up for track days.

We need to get the aftermarket community to step up! This car has nothing compared to the F80!
Old 03-03-2016, 08:28 PM
Banned

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
a car
Tons of insight and experience... You're going to need a proper way to mount them such as a harness bar connected to a roll bar / cage. Something I doubt anyone is going to offer for the W205 so fabrication will be a must. Something we could certainly do no issue but I'd obviously need your car for a bit.
Old 03-03-2016, 10:50 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
C63 W205 Edition 1
Originally Posted by Tal@ACGAutomotive
Tons of insight and experience... You're going to need a proper way to mount them such as a harness bar connected to a roll bar / cage. Something I doubt anyone is going to offer for the W205 so fabrication will be a must. Something we could certainly do no issue but I'd obviously need your car for a bit.
Thanks for the offer! Not looking to install a roll cage... wouldn't mind still being able to put a car seat in the back!

I'm wondering if someone could fab something up so that I could tether to the child seat anchors with a similar type clip/anchor. Then just need to do some mounting for the lap belt.
Old 03-04-2016, 04:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
AMG
I'm not going to involve myself too heavily in a discussion that involves safety restraints but would just advise that you look into the loads that those child latches are actually meant to support, wouldn't want to see anyone on this forum end up in a less-than-safe circumstance.

Cheers!

Old 03-04-2016, 11:56 AM
Banned

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
a car
Originally Posted by AMGTTV8
I'm not going to involve myself too heavily in a discussion that involves safety restraints but would just advise that you look into the loads that those child latches are actually meant to support, wouldn't want to see anyone on this forum end up in a less-than-safe circumstance.

Cheers!

This and also you need to pay very close attention to the angle and distance that the harness will mount.

If not set up properly, in the event of a collision you will turn your spinal cord into a slinky.