Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question about Euro delivery C63 coupe 2017

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-17-2016 | 01:05 AM

audi rs5
Question about Euro delivery C63 coupe 2017

Hello, I decided the jump to Mercedes and I picked out the C63 Coupe as the car. I'm also dead set on the Euro delivery program. I did some research online and I couldn't find the answers to my questions.

For my situation.

-Is it possible to Just fly to Germany and have the car directly sent to the drop off center without driving it? The reason being is I want to use this EDP trip as a discount for the car and vacation while spending some time in Europe which will possibly go on for 2 months. Going from western to eastern. I'll be country hopping and i'm not too comfortable driving a car of this magnitude around a continent that I've never set foot in my entire life. I drove mostly in North America and Asia, and i'm not familiar with all the road laws and requirements for each country in Europe. I have additional fears of getting in an accident or damaging the car driving. I guess I could drive it to a drop off point if it is mandatory for me to drive it on day 1, but I would like to avoid driving in Europe if I can.

-How long will the dealer of my choice (stateside) hold the vehicle after receiving the shipment from the Europe? It might be quite some time before I return stateside and I don't want to run into any issues because I didn't pick up the car in the designated time slot. Or is this something I negotiate with the dealer?

-Does Mercedes offer build slots for EDP on C63 for winter? I have no intention of driving. I was thinking of placing the order next month, and it would suck if I would have to wait until next year for production.

Thank you.

Last edited by davis44; 07-18-2016 at 05:07 AM.
Old 07-17-2016 | 11:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
Originally Posted by davis44
Hello, I decided the jump to Mercedes and I picked out the C63 Coupe as the car. I'm also dead set on the Euro delivery program. I did some research online and I couldn't find the answers to my questions.

For my situation.

-Is it possible to Just fly to Germany and have the car directly sent to the drop off center without driving it? The reason being is I want to use this EDP trip as a discount for the car and vacation while spending some time in Europe which will possibly go on for 2 months. Going from western to eastern. I'll be country hopping and i'm not too comfortable driving a car of this magnitude around a continent that I've never set foot in my entire life. I drove mostly in North America and Asia, and i'm not familiar with all the road laws and requirements for each country in Europe. I have additional fears of getting in an accident or damaging the car driving. I guess I could drive it to a drop off point if it is mandatory for me to drive it on day 1, but I would like to avoid driving in Europe if I can.

-How long will the dealer of my choice (stateside) hold the vehicle after receiving the shipment from the Europe? It might be quite some time before I return stateside and I don't want to run into any issues because I didn't pick up the car in the designated time slot. Or is this something I negotiate with the dealer?

-Does Mercedes offer build slots for EDP on C63 for winter? I have no intention of driving. I was thinking of placing the order next month, and it would suck if I would have to wait until next year until they start building it.

Thank you.
1 - You can drive it straight to the shipping center from the factory (1/2 mile down the road - I have personally done this). You will however be highly unlikely to receive a discount...some of the cars are not eligible for the 7% off of MSRP and AMG/V12's usually fit that bill, especially when first released.

2 - Dealer will receive car 8 - 13 weeks after you drop it off. After that up to the dealer how long they are willing to hold it.

3 - Too specific have to go see a dealer for them to get build slot information from the european delivery liaison. All dates have to be confirmed by the factory in Germany.

You also guarantee yourself drill holes in your front bumper if you do this....car has to be registered and Germany has two plates, no way to forgo it, not even if just driving them down the street to get shipped back. Not sure which State you live in and if you care.

Last edited by AMGTTV8; 07-17-2016 at 11:33 PM.
Old 07-18-2016 | 12:26 AM

Hello, I decided the jump to Mercedes and I picked out the C63 Coupe as the car.
Your best information will be from a knowledgeable Euro Delivery dealership: http://www.mbeuropeandelivery.com/. I have no relationship with or to Mr. Haemmer, he's just excellent to work with.

I've done two Euro deliveries and as most people might tell you, you're really missing out not driving your car around Europe, or at least Germany. What you'll find is that Germany is much easier to drive in than the US and if you drive on the B roads you'll realize why German cars are ... german cars.

Skipping driving your new coupe in Germany would be like turning down a dinner date with a super model because she wants to go to a restaurant you haven't been to and you're not familiar with the menu.
Old 07-18-2016 | 04:19 AM

2016 C63S AMG
Originally Posted by AMGTTV8
You also guarantee yourself drill holes in your front bumper if you do this....car has to be registered and Germany has two plates, no way to forgo it, not even if just driving them down the street to get shipped back. Not sure which State you live in and if you care.
MB doesn't go the BMW route and just tape or sticker on the front plates?
Old 07-18-2016 | 05:10 AM

audi rs5
Originally Posted by AMGTTV8
1 - You can drive it straight to the shipping center from the factory (1/2 mile down the road - I have personally done this). You will however be highly unlikely to receive a discount...some of the cars are not eligible for the 7% off of MSRP and AMG/V12's usually fit that bill, especially when first released.

2 - Dealer will receive car 8 - 13 weeks after you drop it off. After that up to the dealer how long they are willing to hold it.

3 - Too specific have to go see a dealer for them to get build slot information from the european delivery liaison. All dates have to be confirmed by the factory in Germany.

Are the C63 non S models ineligible for the discount? I know on the official MB website it states 7% but I wasn't aware that the C63 might not be discounted. If there is no discount available it kind of defeats the purpose of the EDP for me.
Old 07-18-2016 | 12:06 PM

2019 C43 AMG, 2017 Porsche Macan S, 2017 Mazda 3 HB
Are the C63 non S models ineligible for the discount? I know on the official MB website it states 7% but I wasn't aware that the C63 might not be discounted. If there is no discount available it kind of defeats the purpose of the EDP for me.
It's 5% when I ordered for ED on my C63 AMG S. I have a confirmation from MB corporate once my build date was assigned. Hope that helps.
Old 07-18-2016 | 12:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2017 Porsche 911 C4
Originally Posted by kowyzg0moo
It's 5% when I ordered for ED on my C63 AMG S. I have a confirmation from MB corporate once my build date was assigned. Hope that helps.
I can confirm this as well. 5% discount off my C63S ED order and the $925 destination fee is waived as well.