C63/C63S AMG
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wheel Gap Reduction/Does lowering destroy what MB engineered

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-22-2016 | 12:25 PM

2015 S65 AMG (current), 2016 C63 S AMG (sold)
Wheel Gap Reduction/Does lowering destroy what MB engineered

I really want to get rid of my wheel gap and improve stance. I am no expert but have enjoyed the mod aspect of my cars of the past (m3's, 7 series BMW's including an Alpina B7, etc). Anyway here is what I am asking:

1-MB has done a fabulous job on the suspension/handling of this car especially with the ability to adjust. I want to reduce wheel gap but am fearful of messing up what MB created and losing the in cabin ability to adjustment. Does lowering do this? Upside=lower stance, reduced wheel gap downside=??????

2-Is there a good wheel/tire fitment formula that may do the trick? Maybe not get me to the perfect stance that lowering would but would make a huge improvement?

This car is dual purpose for me. Everyday driver and I will be tracking it 2 or so times a year at Thermal for fun.

All and any input from any of you with experience would be greatly appreciated.
Old 07-24-2016 | 02:21 AM
AHI

AMG GTR
The ability to adjust will not go away if you retain factory struts. So install an adjustable sleeve system, or a spring. I've never left any of my AMGs on their factory suspension.

Answer to your second question is no.

Originally Posted by MattDaddy
I really want to get rid of my wheel gap and improve stance. I am no expert but have enjoyed the mod aspect of my cars of the past (m3's, 7 series BMW's including an Alpina B7, etc). Anyway here is what I am asking:

1-MB has done a fabulous job on the suspension/handling of this car especially with the ability to adjust. I want to reduce wheel gap but am fearful of messing up what MB created and losing the in cabin ability to adjustment. Does lowering do this? Upside=lower stance, reduced wheel gap downside=??????

2-Is there a good wheel/tire fitment formula that may do the trick? Maybe not get me to the perfect stance that lowering would but would make a huge improvement?

This car is dual purpose for me. Everyday driver and I will be tracking it 2 or so times a year at Thermal for fun.

All and any input from any of you with experience would be greatly appreciated.