c63 s ordering advice?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-24-2016, 01:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Toyota 4Runner
c63 s ordering advice?

Hi experts,

I have been thinking about buying a C63 S after reading all the great reviews. Never owned anything quite like it before, so now I have a ton of questions!

First, none of the dealers nearby have a configuration that I want (in the Bay Area and all the C63 S's I can locate nearby have performance seats, which I don't really want). So I guess that means I need to order.

But I've never ordered a car before. How does the process work? Should I expect a discount from MSRP? Should I be waiting for 2017 models anyways? (Only interested in a sedan FWIW). Beyond seats, any options that are universally loved / hated? Any other advice?

Sorry for the laundry list of questions, just am feeling a bit lost and don't want to be taken advantage of by an unscrupulous dealer. Thanks for any help!
Old 08-24-2016, 12:11 PM

Received 81 Likes on 72 Posts
19 E63s
Ordering my C63S coupe was my first ordered car, first new car at that. It's very easy. Start by using the online configurator to get exactly what you want, what you see on that is what you get. Then write it all down. Call around to dealers and see who actually has allocations for the car first, any dealer can take your order but if they don't have an allocation in netstar (their computers), they can't actually get you the car. If they can tell you a build date, then they actually have the allocation.

You should absolutely get a discount on an ordered car, some salesman will tell you there is no discount on amg models. That is BS. Shop around. Go to dealers in your area (or call if not that many), talk directly to the sales manager, tell them you are going to order the car at whichever dealer gives you the best percentage off of MSRP. Then start a price war and keep going back and forth until you get what you want. When a dealer orders a car they don't have to pay insurance on it and it won't sit on their lot. They do take a risk in that you can legally change your mind at any time before signing the paperwork when it arrives and they are stuck with the car. So it's a good idea to be 100% sure about the car when you order it.

Good luck, I think with the coupe coming this year, there should be some better discounts on the sedans as there is not as much demand now. You can only order a 2017 at this point.
Old 08-24-2016, 03:37 PM

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
11' R8 - 11' RR Sport
I got 8% off my order on my C63amg S coupe. I tried to hit up a couple of dealers and they didn't want to. But I found one who will now always get my business.

I got the car loaded, MINUS CCB and the HUD. I never used the HUD in my other cars and didn't want to be delayed. It's slated for delivery next week to me in NY.
Old 08-24-2016, 09:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 258 Likes on 225 Posts
AMG C63s
Originally Posted by UGOTMOPPED
I got 8% off my order on my C63amg S coupe. I tried to hit up a couple of dealers and they didn't want to. But I found one who will now always get my business.

I got the car loaded, MINUS CCB and the HUD. I never used the HUD in my other cars and didn't want to be delayed. It's slated for delivery next week to me in NY.
Thats great mate, do post some pics when you receive it!
Old 08-27-2016, 07:59 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
You can try Herbert Haemmer in San Diego, I have no relationship with him but did work with him 4 years ago and he was straight forward with a fair price and easy to work via email.

http://www.mbeuropeandelivery.com/