Sponsored by:

C63s Depreciation

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-19-2016, 01:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Acura TL
C63s Depreciation

I am about to purchase a used 2015 C63s with around 10k miles for ~$66K (~23%) off MSRP - seems like a great price, but I am still a little concerned with depreciation. My wife is on the fence due to its size and our snowy winters, so I wouldn't be surprised if by next fall she makes me trade it in for an SUV.

I expect to drive the car around 8k miles a year for what its worth, any sense from past experience on what the real year 2 or 3 depreciation would look like? I imagine year 1 eats through the biggest chunk...
Old 09-19-2016, 03:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
GLC 63 S AMG / Corvette C8 / Jaguar SVR
Originally Posted by Stagat962
I am about to purchase a used 2015 C63s with around 10k miles for ~$66K (~23%) off MSRP - seems like a great price, but I am still a little concerned with depreciation. My wife is on the fence due to its size and our snowy winters, so I wouldn't be surprised if by next fall she makes me trade it in for an SUV.

I expect to drive the car around 8k miles a year for what its worth, any sense from past experience on what the real year 2 or 3 depreciation would look like? I imagine year 1 eats through the biggest chunk...
I've had best luck with 2 to 2.5 year old AMG cars and buy them certified. They usually come with fresh tires and brakes at the 18-28k mile range and if certified are covered up to 100K, that will help you when you sell in 1-2 years as the warranty will still be huge along with tons of miles. AMG cars take their biggest hit the 1st year, and then the 2nd year.