Sponsored by:

Oil change

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-28-2016, 05:10 PM

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts
w205 c400 c63s
Originally Posted by bgm130
I have done this with all my cars and never had an issue with warrenties. If something fails that is covered under warranty and it wasn't related to someone putting the wrong fluid in or forgetting to put it back together after the service you should be fine
wow! Thanks for the info mate!!! Love this forum!!
Old 10-28-2016, 05:10 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C63s
According to the Magnuson Moss Warranty act, the burden of proof is on the Manufacturer on non factory parts/service. So if you bring it to an indy and the motor grenades, MB would have to prove that the Indy caused the failure. In addition if you modify, MB still has the burden of proof. Of course all dealers will deny warranty claims if there is any modification but in arbitration they would still have the burden of proof.

Also it is a violation of the act if you install coilovers and then MB denies a warranty on the windshield wiper. They cannot unilaterally void a warranty...

Originally Posted by darwin329
Hey guys can you bring the car to indy shop for service? Whats gonna happen to the warranty? Thought u need to bring it to the dealership for sevice so you dont void any warranty..
Old 10-28-2016, 05:19 PM

Received 81 Likes on 71 Posts
2016 C63S
Also what I have learned from my friends that work in service at dealers is most dealers want to perform the work. They get paid for it like they would any other job and MB pays them instead of the customer. So denying a customer is not in their best interest. They try not to go out of the way to "get you".
Old 10-28-2016, 05:31 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C63s
+1. Also realize that most often the manufacturer will just ok the warranty work. The big problems occur when something catastrophic happens. Usually then the manufacturer will ask to see the ECU.

Some manufactures are more stringent than others. . For Audi/VW, once the scan reveals a flash or change in absolute boost PSI your car is labeled TD1 or SOL. Subaru is pretty notorious for denying warranty claims on modified cars also.

I have brought my heavily modified GTR to nissan to get many thing done including transmission work (a well known bellhousing problem). At no point did anyone raise the fact that my car has bigger turbos LOL. I even took the GTR specialized tech for a ride.

Originally Posted by bgm130
Also what I have learned from my friends that work in service at dealers is most dealers want to perform the work. They get paid for it like they would any other job and MB pays them instead of the customer. So denying a customer is not in their best interest. They try not to go out of the way to "get you".
Old 10-29-2016, 12:59 PM

Received 73 Likes on 52 Posts
2019 E63S
Hope you guys got new wipers as well. with the service
Old 10-30-2016, 07:49 PM

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts
C8, FF, C63S, 911 C4S, GTI, E350, Boxster S, 355, Esprit S4, Vantage, S5, Z4, M3, Miata, A4, 325is
Screw plug... $20.... Is it gold?
Old 10-30-2016, 11:01 PM

Received 86 Likes on 80 Posts
16 GLC 19 Volvo XC40 06Corvette Z06
Originally Posted by theclutch
Screw plug... $20.... Is it gold?
A $20 plug! Can someone enlighten me what purpose this piece serves?

$5. for three oz. of windscreen washer fluid seems a bit excessive.

Don't see a requirement for fuel additive in the A check.

These nit picky add ons are troubling especially if one has opted for M-B's Pre Paid Maintenance.

Last edited by larrypmyers; 10-30-2016 at 11:45 PM.
Old 10-30-2016, 11:34 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2003 E500
Originally Posted by larrypmyers
A $20 plug! Can someone enlighten me what purpose this piece serves?
I could be incorrect, but Mercedes specs across the board are to replace the drain plug and washer at each oil change.

Service A and B on my W211 E500 all require drain plug replacement, but it only costs $5.50 for genuine MB part . (http://www.pelicanparts.com/techarti...Oil_Change.htm)
Old 10-31-2016, 12:11 AM

Received 86 Likes on 80 Posts
16 GLC 19 Volvo XC40 06Corvette Z06
Originally Posted by knockout
I could be incorrect, but Mercedes specs across the board are to replace the drain plug and washer at each oil change.

Service A and B on my W211 E500 all require drain plug replacement, but it only costs $5.50 for genuine MB part . (http://www.pelicanparts.com/techarti...Oil_Change.htm)
Ah, that makes sense, but still much overpriced, however, replacing the plug is overkill.

I shouldn't see this on my bill because my dealer vacuums the engine oil via the dipstick tube.
Old 10-31-2016, 07:01 AM

Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts
AMG C63S
The oil plug is a requirement from MB after every oil change. I have no idea if you can waive the plug or not but, they are supposed to do it.

MY Dealer has already been exposed as one of the most expensive in the country after the rear differential oil replacement cost when compared to the rest of the country and the free world.

They actually charged me for new wiper blades but, when I checked to see if they were different I noticed they were the original OEM from day one. They state they made an error and refunded me the charge.

You honestly have to be a private investigator with these guys because it seems that any way they can bang you they will and here in Greenwich CT the customer base is so wealthy that I am pretty sure most dont even bother to look.

Again, if I didnt have a $350 credit towards service I wouldn't have used them to do service A. I have always used private mechanics to do my previous oil changes and services without any issues. I had to use up the credit so I opted to let them overcharge me knowing I wasn't coming out of pocket..

On a side note they did indicate they changed the angle of the wiper blade to reduce chatter and it seems to be much better...