Sponsored by:

Replacing performance exhaust

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-18-2017, 09:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2016 C63S Sedan
Replacing performance exhaust

Hey guys, new to the forums here. Got the C63S sedan with performance exhaust and just had a question for those that had the PE and replaced it with an aftermarket exhaust.

I recently got a demo IPE titanium catback and when I went to a shop to get it installed they were afraid that an error code might pop up if I removed the stock valve control. They looked at the installation instructions and it didn't really say anything about how to deal with it. Then they said they can still install it within 6-7 hours but I have to sign a waiver saying they're not responsible for any system failure or error code that might come up.

Also, they suggested to cut up my stock exhaust so I can fit in my car to move it to storage. My car is a lease so for those of you who have dealt with MB Canada, do you guys think they will penalize me for returning the car with a stock exhaust that has been cut up and clamped?

Appreciate your thoughts on this guys, thanks!
Old 01-19-2017, 12:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 132 Likes on 116 Posts
c-fo-fiddy
Just make sure the cut is clean and the clamp is legit and I'm sure they won't even notice. Very VERY unlikely they would notice or say anything. No guarantees though.

Also, 6-7 hours for them on install? What's that all about?
Old 01-19-2017, 01:58 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ordered C63S sedan
Originally Posted by Scheven
Hey guys, new to the forums here. Got the C63S sedan with performance exhaust and just had a question for those that had the PE and replaced it with an aftermarket exhaust.

I recently got a demo IPE titanium catback and when I went to a shop to get it installed they were afraid that an error code might pop up if I removed the stock valve control. They looked at the installation instructions and it didn't really say anything about how to deal with it. Then they said they can still install it within 6-7 hours but I have to sign a waiver saying they're not responsible for any system failure or error code that might come up.

Also, they suggested to cut up my stock exhaust so I can fit in my car to move it to storage. My car is a lease so for those of you who have dealt with MB Canada, do you guys think they will penalize me for returning the car with a stock exhaust that has been cut up and clamped?

Appreciate your thoughts on this guys, thanks!

I would be very hesitant to do anything like that on a leased car. That would be a very costly problem for you if they did find out you had butchered the stock exhaust on a car you don't own
Old 01-19-2017, 02:36 AM

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts
W205 C63 AMG
Your IPE should cater for the valves. Does it have two pipes coming out of each muffler at the back or one? If it has two pipes out of each muffler then it is valved and should have a bracket to fit the standard valves actuators to. The standard h-pipe also has a valve, which should also be catered for by the IPE.

As for cutting the standard exhaust up, it has a connection at the axle already, so can be broken down into segments without cutting.

Also, 6-7 hours to fit? My local exhaust guy (Zero Exhausts in Ashford, UK if anyone's wondering) is making axle-back straight pipes for my non-perf exhaust from scratch and fitting them in less time than that!
Old 01-24-2017, 06:14 AM

2016 C63S Sedan
Thanks for the input guys. I contacted another shop and provided them with all the details and they quoted me only 3 hours. I'm getting it installed on Wednesday so I'll update you guys if it was a success and maybe do a mini-review of the IPE exhaust.
Old 01-24-2017, 10:17 PM

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
2016 C63s
Is it not a bolt on system? 6-7 hours sounds like a labor rip off. I had a full AWE track system installed in 3-4 hours.
Old 01-25-2017, 12:37 PM

C63 coupe
4 hours max.
Old 01-25-2017, 10:07 PM

Received 118 Likes on 102 Posts
C63S
Thought I'd post a few pics of the factory Performance Exhaust after it was removed from my C63S Sedan and replaced with the AWE Track Edition Exhaust.

Top side of performance muffler. No valve motors

Under side of muffler

Valved H-Pipe - No valve motor

Old 01-25-2017, 11:02 PM

Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts
AMG C63S
My car didnt come with the performance exhaust. Wondering if I could use what you removed and bolt it right in?
Old 01-26-2017, 12:03 AM

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
C63 s Edition 1 Sedan
Probably cost way more to install that. Just get an aftermarket exhaust. Might be a better option
Old 01-27-2017, 04:46 PM

Received 70 Likes on 60 Posts
'15 C63S
You won't get the electronics to control the PE valves from inside your car.. so not worth it. Go get an aftermarket setup like AWE's.
Old 01-27-2017, 04:53 PM

Received 118 Likes on 102 Posts
C63S
Originally Posted by CT-AMG
My car didnt come with the performance exhaust. Wondering if I could use what you removed and bolt it right in?
Just wanted to say, I didn't list these pictures with the intention to sell.

Just so everyone could see detailed pictures once removed.

Will post Ost pictures of the the valve motors once I get them back from the race shop.

I recommend the AWE Track Edition exhaust for those who drive with there valves always open, I can't get enough of this sound now.

I will I'll review when I have time.