Sponsored by:

Rebellion Tune Update

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-27-2017, 08:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G37
Originally Posted by brad65ford
Side track thread question... would love to see your car, any videos of this beast?
...and the name of your new tune vendor. (Sorry OP)
Old 06-27-2017, 09:24 PM

Received 70 Likes on 60 Posts
'15 C63S
Originally Posted by stikya
Now that you've had a few months, of presumably warmer weather to test it in, how has everything been running with the tune?
Was fine, but I've now moved on to Dinan, as I'm running their prototype piggyback tune. There's another thread with all the info; but my Rebellion piggyback tune served me well up until the day I switched over to Dinan.
Old 06-28-2017, 12:43 AM
Oky

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2015 C63S Edition 1
Originally Posted by Guilty
I feel obligated to correct the record and update everyone as promised.

As everyone knows, I went ***** out with Dime but, unfortunately, I can't say that my experience has been pleasant.

Their cooling system failed 3 times and had to be replaced twice. Not to mention I don't see my car running any cooler, tranny wise.

I also just recently found out that they took my car to the dyno and manually adjusted the wastegates without my permission. That's how they managed 717whp and that's how they destroyed my first tranny. They lied about how much power my car was actually making by showing me a misleading dyno graph.

I was without my car for over 2 months due to their incompetence. Their cooling system wasn't pressured tested which caused an oil leak that caused the 2nd tranny to fail.

I also found out that when my first transmission blew up, they mounted a different customer's tranny in my car although they claimed it came from a salvage car.

Their tune, although very fast, was unreliable. 3rd gear slipped from 3k rpm to 7k rpm. 5th gear would switch to neutral instead of 6th under WOT.

Dime did have good intentions and did try to help me as best as they could. I know they tried and I was doing my best to give them as many chances as they needed. However, trying doesn't mean succeeding. Especially when the people trying are plain incompetent. (I apologize for the harsh truth.)

I'll also add that they offered a full refund for my troubles which I refused because I am not for sale.

After finally coming to the realization that nothing good was going to come out of Dime's tuning, I ended up going to a different tuner and my car is now running like a swiss clock. Finally. 613whp is my legitimate number on 91oct with the new tune.

It is unfortunately too hot to get accurate timeslips but I guess I don't really care at this point. I am little disgusted by everything that happened to me and I just want to press the start button and drive. If anyone wants to buy my car (23k miles), shoot an offer. It has everything.

I'll also add that since the new tune, I am able to walk on almost every car, including full bolt-ons GTRs on high boost.
Which tuner are you running if you don't mind enlightening the forum? and is that 613whp on stock turbos or upgraded?
Old 06-28-2017, 10:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 368 Likes on 262 Posts
2017 Porsche 911 C4
Originally Posted by Oky
Which tuner are you running if you don't mind enlightening the forum? and is that 613whp on stock turbos or upgraded?
He says Dime. And definitely upgraded turbos with that much power.
Old 06-28-2017, 11:28 AM

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
Tune and new engine software

I understand that this tune and others comes from Speed-Busters in Germany. All the other companies are putting their sticker on the box.

There is possibly an issue with their tunes and with the new engine/transmission software from Mercedes that is referenced in other threads.

Just be aware.
Old 06-28-2017, 12:51 PM

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
CL500
Originally Posted by lenk
I understand that this tune and others comes from Speed-Busters in Germany. All the other companies are putting their sticker on the box.

There is possibly an issue with their tunes and with the new engine/transmission software from Mercedes that is referenced in other threads.

Just be aware.

quite common. A vast majority of the "tuners" out there are just "rebadged " products from one of the "few" actual companies that make them. Either flash protocol or Piggybacks
Old 07-04-2017, 06:22 PM
Banned

Received 69 Likes on 58 Posts
'16 C63-S
Sorry for the late response guys.

One of my biggest issues is that I lack creativity. I will gladly take as many videos as you want me to. I just need to know what sort of videos LOL. Any examples that I can copy would be great

Oh and my new tune is from Matt at GSR Technik (used to be called Jailbreak's tuning). He mostly works on exotics and he's well known locally. I don't think he has a website but you can find their page on FB.
Old 07-04-2017, 06:51 PM

Received 73 Likes on 51 Posts
2020GLC63
Sorry for the late response guys.

One of my biggest issues is that I lack creativity. I will gladly take as many videos as you want me to. I just need to know what sort of videos LOL. Any examples that I can copy would be great

Oh and my new tune is from Matt at GSR Technik (used to be called Jailbreak's tuning). He mostly works on exotics and he's well known locally. I don't think he has a website but you can find their page on FB.
Straight up bad a$$! You most likely have one of the strongest c63s on the board. Props for staying true to continuing your goal of modifying your c63 to where it is today and sorry to hear of your first tuner issues. Would love to have 600+ rwhp as you with mine and don't know where to start honestly. Want to start directly with turbo upgrade / exhaust and tuning. Interesting to learn about trans slipping, over heating or is it more of trans/power shifting tuning that is causing the issue. Assuming for your experience and that many blown trans you'd recommend not going over 600 rwhp?

Regarding video, any video of your pulling on some fast cars would be icing on the cake but not easy to do. I've owned some fast cars before and for stock the Hellcat is not slow. there are some really fast cars stock these days and its impressive. Years ago I'd be happy with 500 rwhp now im just greedy

Last edited by brad65ford; 07-04-2017 at 06:55 PM.
Old 07-04-2017, 07:01 PM
Banned

'16 C63-S
Straight up bad a$$! You most likely have one of the strongest c63s on the board. Props for staying true to continuing your goal of modifying your c63 to where it is today and sorry to hear of your first tuner issues. Would love to have 600+ rwhp as you with mine and don't know where to start honestly. Want to start directly with turbo upgrade / exhaust and tuning. Interesting to learn about trans slipping, over heating or is it more of trans/power shifting tuning that is causing the issue. Assuming for your experience and that many blown trans you'd recommend not going over 600 rwhp?

Regarding video, any video of your pulling on some fast cars would be icing on the cake but not easy to do. I've owned some fast cars before and for stock the Hellcat is not slow. there are some really fast cars stock these days and its impressive. Years ago I'd be happy with 500 rwhp now im just greedy
Thank you! I posted a video on this forum where I was pulling on a Huracan when I was on a Stage 2 tune. (before the turbos). I will work on getting more vids. I can tell you for sure that I am able to walk stock hellcats, stock 991.2 Turbo S, stock Hurcacans and R8s, FBO old gen GTR, FBO Pure Stage 2 M4s.

My tranny was slipping due to bad tuning. One specific tune was so bad that it blew up the tranny! Tq didn't come smoothly at all.

I think you can safely go over 600whp as long as you have a good tuner that knows how to limit the tq. I am currently at 620whp (not sure about tq). I am also adding a meth kit asap to help the intake temp and maybe for some more power.
Old 07-04-2017, 07:07 PM

2020GLC63
Thank you! I posted a video on this forum where I was pulling on a Huracan when I was on a Stage 2 tune. (before the turbos). I will work on getting more vids. I can tell you for sure that I am able to walk stock hellcats, stock 991.2 Turbo S, stock Hurcacans and R8s, FBO old gen GTR, FBO Pure Stage 2 M4s.

My tranny was slipping due to bad tuning. One specific tune was so bad that it blew up the tranny! Tq didn't come smoothly at all.

I think you can safely go over 600whp as long as you have a good tuner that knows how to limit the tq. I am currently at 620whp (not sure about tq). I am also adding a meth kit asap to help the intake temp and maybe for some more power.
Interesting to learn about torque spikes on these turbo cars, believe im going to go with Renntech or Eurocharger since they are local and suggested. Still haven't heard back from them on turbo upgrade since i want it all done at the same time.

Didn't see your video, only one i could find
Old 07-04-2017, 07:13 PM

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts
2017 C63S Coupe 2018 Ford Raptor 2017 Corvette Z06 2013 Mercedes C63 2012 Mercedes C63 BS
Interesting to learn about torque spikes on these turbo cars, believe im going to go with Renntech or Eurocharger since they are local and suggested. Still haven't heard back from them on turbo upgrade since i want it all done at the same time.

Didn't see your video, only one i could find https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVe76Lfwqmk
Taking a guess you are in south florida lol
Old 07-04-2017, 07:14 PM
Banned

'16 C63-S
If I were to do it again, I would do it with Renntech or EC as well.

Old 07-04-2017, 07:14 PM

2020GLC63
Originally Posted by Alex98
Taking a guess you are in south florida lol

Yes its really cold down here right now

btw sub'd

Last edited by brad65ford; 07-04-2017 at 07:21 PM.
Old 07-04-2017, 07:24 PM
Banned

'16 C63-S
Haha thanks dude.

Another one that I found:

I have many others but footage is unusable. Blonde GF recording. :/
Old 07-04-2017, 07:28 PM

2020GLC63
they i'm hooked! What turbo upgrade did you do just internals or different turbo all together?
Old 07-04-2017, 07:41 PM
Banned

'16 C63-S
they i'm hooked! What turbo upgrade did you do just internals or different turbo all together?

It's internals only. Turbine + impeller. I wish there was more options available at the time I got it done... or maybe I wish I was richer so I can afford to get a custom setup from GAD.
Old 07-04-2017, 07:57 PM

2020GLC63
Interesting.. more on torque spikes wondering if twin scroll torque curve is smoother. Just thinking out loud.
Old 07-04-2017, 09:07 PM
Banned

'16 C63-S
Interesting.. more on torque spikes wondering if twin scroll torque curve is smoother. Just thinking out loud.
Tbh, if you didn't buy the car yet, I would suggest buying another car. This car is too expensive to make it fast and it handles like crap. It doesn't inspire any confidence at triple digits speeds.

I'd like to get into a 991.2 Turbo S but we all know how expensive they are. I am actually $160k deep into this C63s.

Anyways, I took a quick vid of the exhaust sound for those that are curious. Valves open then closed. You can hear the turbo whine.

Old 07-04-2017, 10:18 PM

2020GLC63
Exhaust sounds great, possibly one of the best i've heard so far, never like the stock exhaust once you go cat-less!. 85k in performance mods for 230+rwhp over stock does seem like a lot. Cat-less down pipes and tune should get someone 510-530 to the wheels and that's 2-5k in cost depending whom you go with. I'm not sure what it cost for turbo upgrade 5-10k? Wasn't sure it would take that much cash to get to 600+ rwhp in one of these. Would think 30K would make one of these c63s's pretty stout and safe but who knows i could be wrong. You are right though these are not the best plate forum for massive power or best handlers in triple digits same with the last w204's and maybe why im so drawn to it them. btw love the plate

Last edited by brad65ford; 07-04-2017 at 10:21 PM.
Old 07-04-2017, 10:45 PM
Banned

'16 C63-S
Exhaust sounds great, possibly one of the best i've heard so far, never like the stock exhaust once you go cat-less!. 85k in performance mods for 230+rwhp over stock does seem like a lot. Cat-less down pipes and tune should get someone 510-530 to the wheels and that's 2-5k in cost depending whom you go with. I'm not sure what it cost for turbo upgrade 5-10k? Wasn't sure it would take that much cash to get to 600+ rwhp in one of these. Would think 30K would make one of these c63s's pretty stout and safe but who knows i could be wrong. You are right though these are not the best plate forum for massive power or best handlers in triple digits same with the last w204's and maybe why im so drawn to it them. btw love the plate
Turbos and cooling were 9k installed. 7k exhaust. 3k downpipes installed. 2.5k for dyno retune. 1.5k for old stage 2 tune.

I had a 30k repair not covered by the insurance after a tire blowout. I bought the car for about 89k including tax. The rest is various mods over times (full wrap, removed now, clear bra twice, opticoat pro, tints (3 times) and randrom repairs here and there. I have a sheet).

But yeah, this car is whatever honestly. I'd save my money for something better if I were to do it again.
Old 07-05-2017, 04:40 PM

'15 C63S
I totally need to rename this thread, it's so off rails now.

But yeah, I wouldn't have spent 160k+ on this car; it's GREAT for it's price-point, and maybe put in 10k or less mods, but at double the price point, there's tons more I can do with that, including buying a slightly used 570S.
Old 07-05-2017, 04:45 PM

2020GLC63
Originally Posted by vaelin
I totally need to rename this thread, it's so off rails now.

But yeah, I wouldn't have spent 160k+ on this car; it's GREAT for it's price-point, and maybe put in 10k or less mods, but at double the price point, there's tons more I can do with that, including buying a slightly used 570S.

beleive he knows this, most likely was a snow ball effect or slippery slope as they say. Regardless someone need to be a pioneer for this car and it seems Gulity is one of them.
Old 07-06-2017, 06:33 PM
Banned

'16 C63-S
Impromptu vid. Not the best launch or weather but you can get an idea of the acceleration here. The car kept shifting early (my fault for being in automatic):

More to come next week.
Old 07-06-2017, 06:50 PM

'15 C63S
I love how your ESP is going off all the way to 100mph.
Old 07-06-2017, 07:09 PM

2020GLC63
Originally Posted by vaelin
I love how your ESP is going off all the way to 100mph.
was going to say the same nice starting at 80 Whats amazing is how quiet your car is in side, sounds almost stock.

Last edited by brad65ford; 07-06-2017 at 07:12 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.