Sponsored by:

Navigation - How to update/change Maps

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-13-2017, 03:44 AM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
2016 C63 Wagon
Navigation - How to update/change Maps

I imported my car to NZ from the UK (good deal with the Brexit exchange rate), but it comes with the UK maps. I have found companies in NZ that will change the maps over, but I was wondering if it was possible to do it myself. Does anyone have any experience or knowledge of this. Where can I source the maps from?
Old 02-13-2017, 12:16 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,019 Likes on 947 Posts
1999 E300TD
Talk to the doughnut girl and any MB dealer!!
Old 02-16-2017, 05:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes C coupe
Originally Posted by MarkC63
I imported my car to NZ from the UK (good deal with the Brexit exchange rate), but it comes with the UK maps. I have found companies in NZ that will change the maps over, but I was wondering if it was possible to do it myself. Does anyone have any experience or knowledge of this. Where can I source the maps from?
Hi have you managed to sort out your navigation issues. I am thinking of importing a C class and wanted to ensure that changing the Navigation was not very expensive. I came across NavNZ and Eurosugeon.

In the past I have changed my BMW's nav to NZ by downloading the maps on a DVD and that was not too difficult. The new systems I think are HDD based which should be easy.

Many thanks
Old 03-21-2017, 05:07 AM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
2016 C63 Wagon
Originally Posted by salilnair
Hi have you managed to sort out your navigation issues. I am thinking of importing a C class and wanted to ensure that changing the Navigation was not very expensive. I came across NavNZ and Eurosugeon.

In the past I have changed my BMW's nav to NZ by downloading the maps on a DVD and that was not too difficult. The new systems I think are HDD based which should be easy.

Many thanks
MB gave me a quote of $500 to update the maps. They said it involve uploading it from a USB key. They needed to request an access code from MB Germany to do it. They weren't sure it would work because they haven't done it before, and they couldn't answer whether or not the traffic info would come up on the maps either. Let me know if you find anything.