Sponsored by:

Is this a good deal?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-07-2017, 02:38 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
None
Is this a good deal?

Brand new 2017 C63 S sedan, dealer said around just around $1K a month if no down payment. Is this a good deal? That's what he told me via email, not sure what would be the numbers if I actually went to the dealer. And what is you guys' numbers? I'm specifically looking for only finance payments, not leasing.
Old 03-07-2017, 03:05 PM

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts
2016 C63s Sedan
Originally Posted by Vvvvvv
Brand new 2017 C63 S sedan, dealer said around just around $1K a month if no down payment. Is this a good deal? That's what he told me via email, not sure what would be the numbers if I actually went to the dealer. And what is you guys' numbers? I'm specifically looking for only finance payments, not leasing.
Who knows... Not enough info provided.

Get the price that they'll sell you a specific vehicle for. You can work out any deal you want from there. Lease, finance, purchase... whatever.

This is how dealers trick you is by trying to get you on a monthly payment.

It means nothing.

You need to know the negotiated price of a specific vehicle. Period.

Last edited by Palpatine; 03-07-2017 at 03:43 PM.
Old 03-07-2017, 04:17 PM

Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts
2017 c63 Amg s (almost)
yeah you definitely need numbers. If they won't give them then tell them you'll be looking elsewhere. That 1000$ a month is probably on a ridiculous loan term like 96 months. Get them to commit to a percentage off of MSRP.

My car was 75k, I put 20k down and had to pay about 4800 in taxes. my interest is low 2's and I pay 890 a month.

With my payment in mind you'd have to get a very long term loan for 1000 a month and no down.
Old 03-07-2017, 05:25 PM

None
Originally Posted by Souriall91
yeah you definitely need numbers. If they won't give them then tell them you'll be looking elsewhere. That 1000$ a month is probably on a ridiculous loan term like 96 months. Get them to commit to a percentage off of MSRP.

My car was 75k, I put 20k down and had to pay about 4800 in taxes. my interest is low 2's and I pay 890 a month. It's a brand new

With my payment in mind you'd have to get a very long term loan for 1000 a month and no down.
thanks for sharing. The car is around $83K and yes it does have a very long term but I think is worth it lol. Really loved this car for a long time. I too think it's a little sketchy but I will come to the dealer and see what's going on car was originally around $92K but since my dealer is associated with auto nation and often gives discounts so it's a steal. It's a brand new not a used one by the way. So it's a very good steal lol. I know, the car is way overpriced from its average price range but it has a lot of great options.

Last edited by Vvvvvv; 03-07-2017 at 05:29 PM.
Old 03-07-2017, 10:08 PM

Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts
2017 c63 Amg s (almost)
thanks for sharing. The car is around $83K and yes it does have a very long term but I think is worth it lol. Really loved this car for a long time. I too think it's a little sketchy but I will come to the dealer and see what's going on car was originally around $92K but since my dealer is associated with auto nation and often gives discounts so it's a steal. It's a brand new not a used one by the way. So it's a very good steal lol. I know, the car is way overpriced from its average price range but it has a lot of great options.
thats a good price but unless you plan paying extra every month you're going to be screwed. This car won't last the full loan term, at least if it follows common AMG reliability. You'll also be paying a ton of interest because you won't get a good rate on a long term and it's a long term.

Also make sure you get gap insurance. If you wreck the car you'll be SOL. Don't get it at the dealership. Talk to your bank as it's usually a lot cheaper through them.

Finally, if you plan to trade the car in after a couple years be careful about 0 down. You'll always be negative.

Other than that good luck. It's a great car.
Old 03-07-2017, 11:21 PM

None
Originally Posted by Souriall91
thats a good price but unless you plan paying extra every month you're going to be screwed. This car won't last the full loan term, at least if it follows common AMG reliability. You'll also be paying a ton of interest because you won't get a good rate on a long term and it's a long term.

Also make sure you get gap insurance. If you wreck the car you'll be SOL. Don't get it at the dealership. Talk to your bank as it's usually a lot cheaper through them.

Finally, if you plan to trade the car in after a couple years be careful about 0 down. You'll always be negative.

Other than that good luck. It's a great car.
thank you!! Your replies always helps. I know that paying long term isn't a smart thing to do, but you know... at my financial situation right now the only way for me to afford this car is to be a car loan slave... however with a good job I am thinking about paying the car off as soon as possible! So I think it's it's a win win situation haha. I just cannot wait to get this car lol. I've always dreamed of owing a luxury car and this has always been one of my all time favorite cars.
Old 03-08-2017, 12:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 263 Likes on 207 Posts
C450, GLC43
thank you!! Your replies always helps. I know that paying long term isn't a smart thing to do, but you know... at my financial situation right now the only way for me to afford this car is to be a car loan slave... however with a good job I am thinking about paying the car off as soon as possible! So I think it's it's a win win situation haha. I just cannot wait to get this car lol. I've always dreamed of owing a luxury car and this has always been one of my all time favorite cars.
Then you can't afford it.

You can find a used 2015 or 2016 with <15k Miles for under $60k. Add a CPO warranty and you'll be gtg.
http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...-fq0T_n0zlZrDc