C63/C63S AMG
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My MB service rep just told me all AMGs have brake noise that cannot be resolved. Rea

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-11-2017 | 10:23 AM

2015 C63s E1 Irridium silver, 2008 C300 rwd, 2007 Audi Q7 3.6 S line premium, 2002 Renault LagunaII
My MB service rep just told me all AMGs have brake noise that cannot be resolved. Rea

My MB service rep just told me all AMGs have brake noise that cannot be resolved. Really??
Old 05-11-2017 | 10:46 AM

nothing
Originally Posted by profi
My MB service rep just told me all AMGs have brake noise that cannot be resolved. Really??
I have the same issue on my S4 when it gets cold out and the dealer told me the same thing. As soon as it get below 50F, the brakes sound terrible and it becomes embarrassing driving around town, especially approaching a stop sign. It would go away once the rotors were heated up but it is quite annoying.

My recommendation would be getting different pads and avoid the OEM ones if the noise is a concern.
Old 05-11-2017 | 11:02 AM

2016 C63S
Originally Posted by shoe3k
I have the same issue on my S4 when it gets cold out and the dealer told me the same thing. As soon as it get below 50F, the brakes sound terrible and it becomes embarrassing driving around town, especially approaching a stop sign. It would go away once the rotors were heated up but it is quite annoying.

My recommendation would be getting different pads and avoid the OEM ones if the noise is a concern.
i never had this issue on my S4. on my SRT8 jeep is was Horrible but Pads fixed it. i didnt have any issues until about 3k miles ago. now its Horrible and does not go away. may change pads and see if that helps and also helps with the dust issue
Old 05-11-2017 | 11:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes-Benz E63s AMG
Originally Posted by profi
Performance brakes... Common issue with bimmers and porches I've experienced, too. You can get some pads that tend to shed less brake dust and give less squeak, but it's not uncommon with performance brakes.
Old 05-11-2017 | 11:49 AM

nothing
Originally Posted by bgm130
i never had this issue on my S4. on my SRT8 jeep is was Horrible but Pads fixed it. i didnt have any issues until about 3k miles ago. now its Horrible and does not go away. may change pads and see if that helps and also helps with the dust issue
I didn't know it was an issue until it happened to me. The brakes squealed for me on Monday because temps were in the 40s. Here are some examples:

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...t=brake+squeal
http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...t=brake+squeal
http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...ghlight=squeal
http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...ghlight=squeal
Old 05-11-2017 | 12:36 PM

2016 Cardinal Red AMG C63 S
Originally Posted by bgm130
There was actually a TSB for my '11 S4. Got new pads, machined rotors and I think some newly-design retaining clips out of it. But then had the same issue on my '13 S6, and was told "it's normal".
Old 05-12-2017 | 12:03 AM

2015 Range Rover Sport Autobiography; 2019 AMG E63S; 2021 Range Rover HSE Westminister
Do you guys expirience the clunk or metal slap noise and thump when you move into reverse and step on the brakes after parking overnight? I do.its irritating and dealer told me this is normal no solution.

Now I have a Range Rover with huge brembos. It too squealed really bad. I took it in and what do you know, they have redesigned pads and they upgraded it and refinished the rotors. Omg, bliss. And the brakes bite just like the AMG ones but they are so smooth.

My question is why can't AMG do what Land Rover has done? I love my AMG but bloody rattles and squeaks now also started inside the car. Ah you can't win. I'd rather they fix those first then do the brakes or am going to Tesla in two years. Hear that AMG? First time owner here and positively starting to get turned off at 6500 miles!. Though I still want that GT-C.

Last edited by VaserC63S; 05-12-2017 at 12:06 AM.