Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Driver side power folding mirror failed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-15-2017 | 08:53 PM

ml55, Ml63, Porsche, C63S ED1
Driver side power folding mirror failed

I had the setting setup to fold when I locked the doors, and over the weekend the driver's side no longer will open back up to driving position. So I had to push it out manually because no matter what I couldn't get it to fold back open either manually pressing the button or locking and unlocking the door multiple times to get it to open per the setting.

I expected to get these quirky defects as always is the case with newer cars with so much technology, but then again I didn't expect it to be something so simple to break! Warranty time
Old 05-16-2017 | 09:41 AM

nothing
Originally Posted by ruey220
I had the setting setup to fold when I locked the doors, and over the weekend the driver's side no longer will open back up to driving position. So I had to push it out manually because no matter what I couldn't get it to fold back open either manually pressing the button or locking and unlocking the door multiple times to get it to open per the setting.

I expected to get these quirky defects as always is the case with newer cars with so much technology, but then again I didn't expect it to be something so simple to break! Warranty time
Are there any noises from the mirror when you did your testing? If not, the mechanical pieces are probably OK in the mirror and might be due to software or just power to the housing. Are the LEDs on the mirrors working?
Old 05-16-2017 | 10:38 AM

ml55, Ml63, Porsche, C63S ED1
Originally Posted by shoe3k
Are there any noises from the mirror when you did your testing? If not, the mechanical pieces are probably OK in the mirror and might be due to software or just power to the housing. Are the LEDs on the mirrors working?
yes no sound from motor, just completely dead. the LED is working. I thought about software also, but then again even the manual fold button on the driver's side door doesn't cause it to open and close, but the other mirror works just fine.

Maybe a fuse had popped specifically for the motor but then again I doubt MB would separate a fuse for each side just for that specific purpose of folding mirrors?