Sponsored by:

Pilot Super Sport Replacement

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-20-2017, 04:32 PM

Received 55 Likes on 43 Posts
2016 Cardinal Red AMG C63 S
Pilot Super Sport Replacement

I saw a few threads that mentioned people getting MB to pay for at least part of a new set of tires after getting one flat in a PSS due to them being discontinued. I just picked up a nail in my rear PSS. Spoke to my dealer, and they basically said they agreed I should replace at least both rears (I've got ~3800 on the the car), but despite my hinting around didn't seem to be interested in any kind of partial coverage.

Just curious how those of you that had this issue broached the subject.
Old 06-20-2017, 09:11 PM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
2020 AMG C63S Brilliant Blue
The dealer is not obligated to pay for any of the replacement costs unless you bought tire/wheel insurance. You got a nail. Life sucks sometimes.
Old 06-21-2017, 11:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 112 Likes on 97 Posts
2016 C63S Sedan
Originally Posted by nobbyv
I saw a few threads that mentioned people getting MB to pay for at least part of a new set of tires after getting one flat in a PSS due to them being discontinued. I just picked up a nail in my rear PSS. Spoke to my dealer, and they basically said they agreed I should replace at least both rears (I've got ~3800 on the the car), but despite my hinting around didn't seem to be interested in any kind of partial coverage.

Just curious how those of you that had this issue broached the subject.
Did it ruin the tire??
You know these tires are fixable.
Old 06-21-2017, 12:30 PM

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
2016 C63s
At 3800 miles I don't think you need to replace both tires (unless you are donut happy). The other rear tire should have enough treat left that you only need to replace the one with the nail if it is unfixable. Unless you purchased a wheel a tire package and meet the required tread depth MB does not need to compensate you in anyway. If you can talk them into it them good for you.
Old 06-21-2017, 01:07 PM

Received 55 Likes on 43 Posts
2016 Cardinal Red AMG C63 S
I misunderstood; I thought I'd read posts about people getting all four replaced even WITHOUT the wheel/tire service.

Either way, moot point for me: I thought the nail was close to the sidewall, and therefore potentially not fixable, but it was dead center in the tread so I got it patched last night and all is good.