KW HAS VS Coilovers

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-04-2017, 11:57 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
C63
KW HAS VS Coilovers

HI all
Just want to understand a little better, what exactly are the benefits of getting the KW coilovers vs the HAS springs ?
Old 07-05-2017, 12:20 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
C63
Anyone ?
Old 07-05-2017, 01:51 PM

Received 81 Likes on 71 Posts
2016 C63S
here is a video between the two.

basically a coil over is completely changing your shocks and adding height adjustability. most coliovers you will lose the stock dampening control and will have to manually adjust to get the soft vs firm ride that pressiing the drive mode gives you. I do think that the new variant from KW gives you the stock controls. these are also much more $$

really it comes down to what you are looking for, if you want to road race or do alot of intense drives then coliovers are your choice. if you want to keep it mostly stock and just get rid of the wheel gap then HAS kit will do just fine. I went with the HAS kit a few months ago and so far its been great.

Oh last thing i know you can only go so low with the HAS kit. it wasnt low enough for a few people on here so they moved on to coilovers.
Old 07-05-2017, 03:02 PM
SPONSOR

Received 65 Likes on 57 Posts
G55
^^ Perfect answer.

For those debating between the 2 please remember that you do lose the Dynamic Suspension if opting for the V3s. The HAS does keep the Dynamic Suspension.