Sponsored by:

Carbon rear flics

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-05-2017, 07:24 AM

Received 70 Likes on 55 Posts
2016 C63S
Carbon rear flics

Figured I would share some pictures of my sedan's carbon rear flics.

As most of you know, the OEM ones are gloss black and require bumper drilling, neither of which I am interested in. Given that I have the OEM carbon spoiler, I wanted to match that.

Since they don't drill into the bumper, they simply adhere to the bumper "around" the fake vent. I believe I saw some online that had a little flat piece that sort of inserted into the fake vent area and stuck on that way. I can't speak to whether that would work or look better.

I don't think these look as tightly integrated as the way the OEM ones fit "into" that fake vent pocket, but I don't think they look too bad, either.

Install was easy except for meticulously pre fit testing to make see both are equally placed. I used pieces of masking tape to pre mark the exact placement. I also redid some of the pre installed 3M tape. The seller included a whole roll, which was generous. Some of the preinstalled tape was a not continuous (i.e. Could leave a visual gap) or not ideally placed. Easy fix to just apply it how I felt was better.

Anyway, a few pics to show them in related relation to the carbon spoiler, a close up, and how far they stick out from the sides in a rear view.

Old 07-05-2017, 12:13 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
C63
Cool! Where to get them ?
Old 07-05-2017, 01:21 PM

Received 70 Likes on 55 Posts
2016 C63S
Originally Posted by nl88
Cool! Where to get them ?
Thanks. Here's the listing.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/182601338032
Old 07-05-2017, 08:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 52 Likes on 49 Posts
C63s
Originally Posted by ezatnova
Figured I would share some pictures of my sedan's carbon rear flics.

As most of you know, the OEM ones are gloss black and require bumper drilling, neither of which I am interested in. Given that I have the OEM carbon spoiler, I wanted to match that.

Since they don't drill into the bumper, they simply adhere to the bumper "around" the fake vent. I believe I saw some online that had a little flat piece that sort of inserted into the fake vent area and stuck on that way. I can't speak to whether that would work or look better.

I don't think these look as tightly integrated as the way the OEM ones fit "into" that fake vent pocket, but I don't think they look too bad, either.

Install was easy except for meticulously pre fit testing to make see both are equally placed. I used pieces of masking tape to pre mark the exact placement. I also redid some of the pre installed 3M tape. The seller included a whole roll, which was generous. Some of the preinstalled tape was a not continuous (i.e. Could leave a visual gap) or not ideally placed. Easy fix to just apply it how I felt was better.

Anyway, a few pics to show them in related relation to the carbon spoiler, a close up, and how far they stick out from the sides in a rear view.

If only I had done the carbon fiber....