Crap! I'm worried now.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-21-2017, 10:32 PM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,412 Likes on 2,854 Posts
2012 CLS63
Originally Posted by PeterUbers
and gank the tire valve stem caps too... and the start button....
Originally Posted by Alex98
Dont forget drive everywhere w traction control off and launch it at every red light, bring them back a "gently" used clutch
Old 07-22-2017, 09:59 AM

Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts
AMG C63S
He says he financed the car outright from someone other than MB finance, so he will be making monthly payments on the car while it is being held, so the loaner car isn't technically free.

Again, how is a loaner car of any value fair compensation for the mistake?

Are you guys happy to drive a loaner car when your car gets rear ended and in the shop for weeks or months? Its not your car no matter what they offer you to drive.

One more thing about the social media comments..

In my day if you went to a local news station and told them about a problem they might do an expose on it and run it on the 6pm news. I would say 95% of the time the complaint got resolved because of the firestorm caused by the newscast.

In todays day and age with social media, this guy can reach MILLIONS of people WORLDWIDE and cause far more damage than a local newscast.

I say MB will do something if corporate gets involved. The local dealer could care less but, if I was him I would write a letter, FEDEX it to the President and link him to the youtube videos.

Wanna bet that problem gets resolved within 1 day?
Old 07-22-2017, 10:22 AM

Received 91 Likes on 68 Posts
'15 C63S
Originally Posted by CT-AMG
He says he financed the car outright from someone other than MB finance, so he will be making monthly payments on the car while it is being held, so the loaner car isn't technically free.

Again, how is a loaner car of any value fair compensation for the mistake?

Are you guys happy to drive a loaner car when your car gets rear ended and in the shop for weeks or months? Its not your car no matter what they offer you to drive.

One more thing about the social media comments..

In my day if you went to a local news station and told them about a problem they might do an expose on it and run it on the 6pm news. I would say 95% of the time the complaint got resolved because of the firestorm caused by the newscast.

In todays day and age with social media, this guy can reach MILLIONS of people WORLDWIDE and cause far more damage than a local newscast.

I say MB will do something if corporate gets involved. The local dealer could care less but, if I was him I would write a letter, FEDEX it to the President and link him to the youtube videos.

Wanna bet that problem gets resolved within 1 day?
That same television station would probably receive dozens and dozens of complaints each week and then choose a few to run with that were a true warranted case that needed action. I'm sure if that same newsroom were presented with this case, they'd laugh this guy out of the room.

Is it an unfortunate situation? Yes. Did the guy have his hopes and plans changed? Yes. Is it MB's responsibility to give this guy whatever he wants until he shuts up? No, not by a long shot. They have been more than accommodating given the specifics of the situation. If they told him to go take a hike and just deal with it, maybe then he might have a point, but not with how this situation has been explained.

**** happens. Learn to deal with it like an adult.
Old 07-22-2017, 10:33 AM

AMG C63S
MSD: I guess we have to agree to disagree. I would not be willing to accept a loaner car in return for this error. Paying a monthly finance charge in the thousands for a car that is unable to be driven on the street is far more upsetting than any loaner car can compensate for.

In his video he said he wasn't even offered rim insurance or a free maintenance so, I think it is MB who is being unreasonable and not the owner. He should be given some sort of financial compensation (not necessarily a cash payout) for his troubles.

Thats my opinion.
Old 07-22-2017, 10:57 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2,107 Likes on 1,471 Posts
2014 E63S; AMS 100 octane ecu tune; edok tcu tune; BB intakes; dyno tuned
At one point he emphatically declares that he paid cash... and then he suggests that he financed it... which one is it?

im sure there are millions of YouTube diatribes that we don't hear or care to hear about "misled" customers that have been swindled by some seller... the ones that take traction either have significant merit or social worthiness that attracts many people's attention. This particular YouTube video depicts an annoying customer who seems like a ***** to deal with on any level. He's not getting much sympathy here among amg owners ... how do you think the non-amg affording public is gunna perceive this poor guy?
Old 07-22-2017, 10:58 AM

'15 C63S
MSD: I guess we have to agree to disagree. I would not be willing to accept a loaner car in return for this error. Paying a monthly finance charge in the thousands for a car that is unable to be driven on the street is far more upsetting than any loaner car can compensate for.

In his video he said he wasn't even offered rim insurance or a free maintenance so, I think it is MB who is being unreasonable and not the owner. He should be given some sort of financial compensation (not necessarily a cash payout) for his troubles.

Thats my opinion.

And in my opinion I have never understood this self-centered idea that you should be given something for free because things didn't go perfectly. Are you the type of guy that expects a free meal when your steak isn't cooked perfectly medium rare plus? Eat the damn steak (or don't), and if you didn't like what happened, don't go back. It's that simple.

As for the finance issue, a bank will not release any funds unless they have a lien in place (or at least in the process where they know for a fact it'll go theough) on whatever the collateral is for the loan. And the people in underwriting that typically take care of this do not accept any sort or ambiguity or "stories"; they just kill the deal and stop it in its tracks before any funding will ever take place. I deal with this all the time with what I do for a living. If this guy is claiming anything is happening other than this, he is either misinformed about the actual funding situation or (and I'm assuming this to be the case after suffering through the viewing of his video) that he is embellishing that part of the story so he can continue to play the victim.
Old 07-22-2017, 11:04 AM

AMG C63S
He financed the car through an outside bank, not MB. That means the bank paid MB IN FULL for the car. He is on the hook for the whole payment, he owns it outright. It is not financed and going back, it is his car to do with what he likes. Paying cash outright or borrowing the cash to buy it outright, he is still the owner of the car.

No, an improperly cooked steak is not grounds for a free meal. Finding a roach in your pasta is. We see this differently. I feel that the error was far more egregious than you do. This isn't a missing lug bolt or dead remote battery, this is complete lack of use of a 90k vehicle indefinitely.

THAT is grounds for a full refund IMO or some sort of compensation for his troubles.
Old 07-22-2017, 11:46 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2018 C63s AMG
The 2018 C63s has always been set to release in August as most cars that you buy a year early. The dealership might have failed to tell him that the ETA is august, but as a person buying the car he should have realized there would have been a difference in dates, its common sense. Also he will have to wait a month max before the official release. Anyone that orders a car knows that time varies. No one knows when you will exactly take delivery. He was expecting it to come july when in reality it was unrealistic in the first place. Truth be told, he would have made a big deal if he didnt get the car the week he received it and released some rant video just the same. His major income is streaming and videos, drama is legitimately necessary in his life. In my opinion he is heavily overreacting but maybe thats just what he wants. Money talks baby.
Old 07-22-2017, 11:48 AM

'15 C63S
He financed the car through an outside bank, not MB. That means the bank paid MB IN FULL for the car. He is on the hook for the whole payment, he owns it outright. It is not financed and going back, it is his car to do with what he likes. Paying cash outright or borrowing the cash to buy it outright, he is still the owner of the car.

No, an improperly cooked steak is not grounds for a free meal. Finding a roach in your pasta is. We see this differently. I feel that the error was far more egregious than you do. This isn't a missing lug bolt or dead remote battery, this is complete lack of use of a 90k vehicle indefinitely.

THAT is grounds for a full refund IMO or some sort of compensation for his troubles.

If you financed the car, no matter if it's with a dealer/manufacturer or an outside bank, your name might be on the title but the bank has a lien on that title that for all intents and purposes makes them the defacto owner. And no bank will release funds without having that lien either in place or in the paper-pushing phase of getting it in place. No bank anywhere will do that. Loan shark type places might, but they'd be wanting some sort of kicker for taking that risk.

If the bank did indeed release funds but their is no way to pit a lien on the title (which the whole point of this thing is that the car can't be released because of those type of interconnecting reasons), then there is way more to this story that what is in that video.
Old 07-22-2017, 11:53 AM
Out Of Control!!

I don't understand why he doesn't just call MB Canada and let them know what's going on
Old 07-22-2017, 11:58 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2018 C63s AMG
I don't understand why he doesn't just call MB Canada and let them know what's going on
He already did. He released a video and finally stopped acting like a drama queen. Seems like he was finally compensated enough for him to stop whining.
Old 07-22-2017, 12:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 114 Likes on 99 Posts
2016 C63S Sedan
We don't know if we know the whole story or if this guy is lying to us but he should have manned up and sat down with the dealership GM and the MB regional Rep to hammer out a fair resolution instead of whining on U tube.
If MB has been paid and he is paying interest in addition to the loaner they should pay his interest on the C63 till it is released.
Also he should get a extended warranty or maintenance contract as a good will gesture IMHO.
Remember even though he maybe a whiner it was MB error.

Last edited by RDOCA; 07-22-2017 at 12:06 PM.
Old 07-22-2017, 02:12 PM
Out Of Control!!

Originally Posted by RDOCA
We don't know if we know the whole story or if this guy is lying to us but he should have manned up and sat down with the dealership GM and the MB regional Rep to hammer out a fair resolution instead of whining on U tube.
If MB has been paid and he is paying interest in addition to the loaner they should pay his interest on the C63 till it is released.
Also he should get a extended warranty or maintenance contract as a good will gesture IMHO.
Remember even though he maybe a whiner it was MB error.
of course it was an mb error but he's whining like he was racially profiled by the police and arrested.

i don't think the YouTube video was necessary to be the catalyst to finally net him some fair compensation. Also if he speaks unfairly about benz and libels them with something that could be considered a lie, he is at fault here after since he's going public with this statement
Old 07-22-2017, 03:53 PM
Out Of Control!!

Old 07-22-2017, 09:02 PM

Received 62 Likes on 55 Posts
2015 E550 Coupe
Even if this guy had to pay his monthly loan payment on his $90K car, MB gave him a $200K loaner in the meantime. Not some bargain basement loaner by any means. So he is being compensated and very well at that for what will end up being probably less than a month in getting his actual car properly registered and certified for Canada. I'm pretty sure the monthly loan amount on a $200K SL63 is a hell of a lot more than what he would be paying for his C63S. Again, it seems MB recognized they screwed up and they have been willing to do try and make things right. In the meantime he gets to drive a car he likely wouldn't be able to afford. So rather than whining like a spoiled child, he should be driving the hell out of his loaner and smiling ear to ear.

Seriously, if MB wants to throw in an extra year of warranty or maybe a little free maintenance on his C63S, that is just gravy and above and beyond given how they have already handled the situation. He would probably make another video complaining about that too as being NOT ENOUGH COMPENSATION.
Old 07-23-2017, 03:06 AM
Out Of Control!!

"Coop-aye"
Old 07-23-2017, 05:44 AM

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts
2017 AMG C63S Coupe, Triumph 675R Daytona, Triumph Explorer.
His first video was like Hey, hey, internet look at me I've got a car before everyone else I'm awesome, look at me, Mercedes are great. This car isn't even released yet, I'm awesome look at me...

Now its, Mercedes gave me this car when it wasn't released and now they want it back... Poor me I've been so mistreated. I dont even want this luxury car while its being resolved. Poor me, I got he car before everyone else, look at poor me.

I'd happily take a car of MY choice (within reason so not a GT R) while it was being resolved, get as many good gestures from the dealer as possible and learn a lesson about getting an unreleased car and bragging about it all over the internet and as many forums as possible..
Old 07-23-2017, 08:35 AM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,412 Likes on 2,854 Posts
2012 CLS63
HAHA!
Old 07-23-2017, 12:02 PM

Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts
C63 AMG S Coupe (Sept. 2017)
I can only imagine how sorry Mercedes Benz is that this little boy ever walked through the door.

It's truly too bad that creating a YouTube channel and earning just enough to cover the monthly payment of a car like that now makes it accessible to people like him.
Old 07-24-2017, 01:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
'18 C63A Cabriolet
Originally Posted by BrownDog09
I can only imagine how sorry Mercedes Benz is that this little boy ever walked through the door.

It's truly too bad that creating a YouTube channel and earning just enough to cover the monthly payment of a car like that now makes it accessible to people like him.
Who you callin' a little boy? He got tattoos.
Old 07-24-2017, 07:44 PM

Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts
C63 AMG S Coupe (Sept. 2017)
My apologies. Clearly tribal tattoos are an indication of true warrior strength and grit. Probably adds a few HPs as well.