C63/C63S AMG
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone having front right fender creek and squeek?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-25-2017, 10:28 AM

Received 43 Likes on 36 Posts
MY17 C63s Sedan
Question Anyone having front right fender creek and squeek?

So recently I am hearing a creek/squeek in the front right fender. This happens whenever I go over a bump at an angle where my front right would go over first ( to "contort" the body panel ). I am sure it is not the suspension though. Its coming from the front right fender panel where it meets the hood area. If I slightly press on it, I can also hear the creek.

If you have had this issue, I would appreciate if you know a fix for it perhaps with felt tape or something.

Last resort will take it to dealer but they're usually busy and would mean they keep my car for couple days which I am trying to avoid.
Old 07-25-2017, 11:21 AM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
2015 C63S
I've read of this, I've heard this is actually the strut mount and requires some lubrication. I seem to recall a thread here from a few weeks back showing a service bulletin covering this.
Old 07-25-2017, 05:24 PM

MY17 C63s Sedan
Yeah in my case its not the suspension. It is definitely the fender panel. Upon closing inspection today, it seems its coming inbetween the fender and headlights.
Old 07-25-2017, 05:27 PM

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts
C63S Sedan
Originally Posted by amg8
Yeah in my case its not the suspension. It is definitely the fender panel. Upon closing inspection today, it seems its coming inbetween the fender and headlights.
Definitely have this same sound that I noticed when washing my car.
Old 07-25-2017, 05:36 PM

MY17 C63s Sedan
Originally Posted by digitalnav
Definitely have this same sound that I noticed when washing my car.
Funny you mentioned washing your car. Mine started happening after I self washed my car. More specifically it happened after I buffed some wax off the whole car. I guess while doing so, I applied enough pressure on the fender to trigger something...now it just wont go away.
Old 07-25-2017, 05:42 PM

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts
C63S Sedan
Originally Posted by amg8
Funny you mentioned washing your car. Mine started happening after I self washed my car. More specifically it happened after I buffed some wax off the whole car. I guess while doing so, I applied enough pressure on the fender to trigger something...now it just wont go away.
Mine isnt that bad, it's only when I push on it that I hear it. Never going over bumps or anything.
Old 07-28-2017, 11:37 PM

MY17 C63s Sedan
What I did was I added a strip of felt tape right in between the fender where it meets the headlight housing. There is a slight gap there and the fender was rubbing against the plastic headlight housing causing the squeek/creek. After the felt tape, the sound is gone.

Hope that helps anyone else.