Sponsored by:

Front splitters and Sydney roads

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-08-2017 | 11:04 PM

C205 C63S Coupe
Front splitters and Sydney roads

Hi all,

Newcomer from Sydney here. Looking to place an order for a C63S coupe soon, so just doing a bit of research before I take the plunge. It's great to find an active forum for the 205 series AMG C's.

For the Sydney-siders with front splitters (either Edition 1 or aftermarket), have you had many issues with our crap Sydney road quality and some councils’ obsession with speed humps? Keen to determine whether this will become expensive debris after a few weeks of driving around.

Thanks!
Old 08-09-2017 | 12:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG C63s
I have a few friends with Ed1 coupes lowered quite a bit, they have all now damaged it over bumps/ driveways etc...

If you're not planning to lower your car you should be ok.
Old 08-09-2017 | 01:18 AM

C205 C63S Coupe
Originally Posted by Sanch
I have a few friends with Ed1 coupes lowered quite a bit, they have all now damaged it over bumps/ driveways etc...

If you're not planning to lower your car you should be ok.
Thanks for the quick reply, Sanch! No plans on lowering.
Old 08-09-2017 | 01:59 AM

C63
Originally Posted by singleMalty
Hi all,

Newcomer from Sydney here. Looking to place an order for a C63S coupe soon, so just doing a bit of research before I take the plunge. It's great to find an active forum for the 205 series AMG C's.

For the Sydney-siders with front splitters (either Edition 1 or aftermarket), have you had many issues with our crap Sydney road quality and some councils’ obsession with speed humps? Keen to determine whether this will become expensive debris after a few weeks of driving around.

Thanks!
Brissy here... ironically no road carnage - rather I clipped a 5c piece sized chunk out of my new Edition 1's front splitter on the way down a multi-level car park. Then got one of those Samurai rubber splitter guards to stick underneath it but promptly tore it off driving up into that same car park.

So now I just go sideways and slow over the most piddly angles.

Can't imagine the level of paranoia if it was lowered...
Old 08-09-2017 | 09:51 PM

C205 C63S Coupe
I think I'll be quite paranoid even without lowering. It will be quite an adjustment returning to the sports car scene after so many years of driving around in just an SUV (not being bothered by steep driveways, curbs, speed humps, etc).
Old 08-10-2017 | 05:02 AM

C63s ed1
Also in Brisvegas. I lowered my previous M4 and it became a 'stop, think, plan' exercise everywhere that had speed bumps. Now in an Ed1 and still have to take care, so no plans to drop the height.

Love the aesthetics of it though, so worth having!

Originally Posted by LM200
Brissy here... ironically no road carnage - rather I clipped a 5c piece sized chunk out of my new Edition 1's front splitter on the way down a multi-level car park. Then got one of those Samurai rubber splitter guards to stick underneath it but promptly tore it off driving up into that same car park.

So now I just go sideways and slow over the most piddly angles.

Can't imagine the level of paranoia if it was lowered...
Old 08-10-2017 | 11:02 PM

C63S
Originally Posted by singleMalty
Keen to determine whether this will become expensive debris after a few weeks of driving around.

Thanks!
Yes. Don't do it. The OEM clearance is just enough if you're careful around Sydney. Still have to take some driveways at an angle or really stop or almost stop on humps etc. If you change it, you'll scrape it. I'll put money on it.