Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sports Exhaust vs Performance Exhaust Owners

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-11-2017 | 12:34 PM

A45 AMG
Sports Exhaust vs Performance Exhaust Owners

Been looking for some very low mileage 2017 C63 S w/ and w/o edition one it seems many out here do not have the performance exhaust!

For me the only reason I want to switch my M4 to the C63 is the V8, sound and interior.

my question is the performance exhaust any louder or better. it seems the sports exhaust only eliminate the ability to open and close the valve at all modes. Even it got 2 pipes coming from the box in the back do we have a real evidence that it is louder than the stock exhaust?

thx
Old 08-11-2017 | 02:28 PM

C63s Sedan (W205)
I haven't side by side compared them but I remember some people and possibly a thread on here saying the non performance exhaust is only slightly quieter or almost the same as the performance exhaust with the valves open.

Whats the price range been for a low mileage 2017 C63s? I'm considering picking up a 15 near me with 24k miles
Old 08-11-2017 | 04:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes-Benz E63s AMG
Originally Posted by Bashar Halabi
Been looking for some very low mileage 2017 C63 S w/ and w/o edition one it seems many out here do not have the performance exhaust!

For me the only reason I want to switch my M4 to the C63 is the V8, sound and interior.

my question is the performance exhaust any louder or better. it seems the sports exhaust only eliminate the ability to open and close the valve at all modes. Even it got 2 pipes coming from the box in the back do we have a real evidence that it is louder than the stock exhaust?

thx
Hey, welcome!

I actually haven't heard a C63 without the performance exhaust, but all I can tell you is that it sounds AWESOME WITH the performance exhaust and I think that if you bought one WITHOUT the PE, you may regret it. It's worth the nominal price difference to avoid that sort of regret. I was choosing between M3 and this car... the sound alone makes it SOOOOO worth it. Good luck!
Old 08-12-2017 | 01:06 PM

2017 AMG c63s
I can tell you my experience.

I had the opportunity to by a c63s without performance exhaust for $15K less then the one I ended up getting with performance exhaust. I went with the more expensive car because of the performance exhaust. I could not see owning this car without it.

I could have bought the non PE car and bought an after market exhaust and saved a few dollars but I still preferred the factory performance exhaust becasue I knew what I was getting and what it sounded like. I have done the after market exhaust on other cars and always end up have to spend more trying to get it to sound perfect.
Old 08-13-2017 | 07:24 PM

19 E63s
driven both. Hands down performance exhaust, only MUST HAVE option imo
Old 08-13-2017 | 07:30 PM

C63S Sedan
My car came without the PE.

I bought the AWE kit... $3,000 ... sounds much LOUDER and aggressive than the PE.

Compared side by side, PE isnt even close.