Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gas leaking while fueling

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-11-2017 | 02:56 PM

2016 c63
Gas leaking while fueling

I was pouring gas at chevron. Ive had this problem at certain gas stations where you have to push the nozzle in really hard for you to be able to lock it so it pours automatically. However this time when i pour'd the gas, i topped it off by clicking it about 2 times and a whole bunch leaked from under the car.

was i an idiot and put to much in it or does it have some sort of system to let out extra fuel in the pipes
Old 08-11-2017 | 04:17 PM

MY17 C63s Sedan
It states in the manual DO NOT TOP OFF. Not exact words but it states that. So I would suggest just pull the nozzle out when it auto stops.
Old 08-11-2017 | 05:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes-Benz E63s AMG
That's... interesting... to say the least.

It doesn't seem like a good idea to have gasoline dripping from the car... even in the case of a safety mechanism, that just doesn't seem very safe. Might want to bring it up to your service advisor...
Old 08-11-2017 | 05:51 PM

2016 C63s
It does say not to top off. When it clicks off that's as much fuel as you should put in the car. I'm pretty sure our cars (Most cars) have an overflow value so if you try to top it off it drain out of the valve and does spray back at you and cover you in fuel. I've had that happen in my last car BMW 335i
Old 08-12-2017 | 09:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes-Benz E63s AMG
Originally Posted by dforman15
It does say not to top off. When it clicks off that's as much fuel as you should put in the car. I'm pretty sure our cars (Most cars) have an overflow value so if you try to top it off it drain out of the valve and does spray back at you and cover you in fuel. I've had that happen in my last car BMW 335i
Nice, I came from a 335i as well I am guilty of topping off the car ONCE after it clicks and never knew it had a overflow mechanism. Good to know!
Old 08-12-2017 | 08:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63s
Originally Posted by skim7x
That's... interesting... to say the least.

It doesn't seem like a good idea to have gasoline dripping from the car... even in the case of a safety mechanism, that just doesn't seem very safe. Might want to bring it up to your service advisor...
This is a drain for water getting into the fuel door so it doesn't accidentally make it into the tank when you refuel.... Or, spray on you when you overfill.