Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-07-2017, 05:50 AM
AV1
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 52 Likes on 45 Posts
C204 C250-CDI
Originally Posted by m0neybags
I know I know man, but cooooome on, really? They are going to have S, E and New A Class (rumoured to be coming to North America next year) available here, and not change the ugly C dash for 3! More! Years! Why god why?

That's a kick in the ***** to know the soccer mom in her A Class is living it up in style while I have to keep looking at cheap android tablet (the current design is an insult to iPads).

Looking to get into a 43 next year when my lease is up. If they go F Cell digital interior then I'm going to order one of the last pre facelift chassis. The tailights are much nicer and I'd rather have squared up tablet then that wide one. IMO. Hopefully get a good deal on it at the end of first half of life cycle.
That's just the way it goes, mid life updates are very noticeable change ups but not nearly as extreme or total as a new model, you'll just have to wait if your really after that sort of update in a C Class model
Old 12-07-2017, 05:59 AM
AV1
MBWorld Fanatic!

C204 C250-CDI
Originally Posted by nobbyv
And when the W206 comes out? Now you have a car you've had for 2-3 years that's been replaced by a whole new chassis architecture, and your current car looks WAY outdated.
It's written and explained I simply don't know how else to put it, if you don't get it you don't get it that's all good each to their own

Food for thought if 2 people like us ever crossed paths with the same vehicles one pre, one post mid life update I'll bet we would agree on which one we would both rather have, you stick to your initial model releases, I'll stick the the superior tail end released product
Old 12-07-2017, 06:07 AM
AV1
MBWorld Fanatic!

C204 C250-CDI
Originally Posted by E55 KEV
The opposite of refresh is stale. The mid model update is to lure new customers, new interest and new purchases. Cars prolly have to be refreshed to spur sales because the cars sales numbers may have decreased and to keep up with competition. Look at all those "fool's errand" standing in line for iPhone X. LOL
Yes it's hardly being a fool, it's actually being smart your getting a better product for usually the same outlay and it is sometimes more exclusive because most who wanted one jumped in at the start so there's less interest later on and those early buyers maybe even got ripped on purchase price because of that initial frenzy too.

It also works out better when it's time to sell - win win
Old 12-07-2017, 04:26 PM

Received 55 Likes on 43 Posts
2016 Cardinal Red AMG C63 S
Originally Posted by AV1
It's written and explained I simply don't know how else to put it, if you don't get it you don't get it that's all good each to their own

Food for thought if 2 people like us ever crossed paths with the same vehicles one pre, one post mid life update I'll bet we would agree on which one we would both rather have, you stick to your initial model releases, I'll stick the the superior tail end released product
There's nothing to "get". You made a statement presented as fact that likely irritated quite a few people (including myself), by suggesting that the pre-refresh W205 isn't "worth buying". I have been in the exact situation you described: I had a post-facelift W204 C63. And when the W205 came out, it looked dated, and WAS dated, so I sold it and bought a W205. My point is there's ALWAYS going to be something just down the road that's newer and better. Manufacturers release "new" versions of a particular model every 2-4 years, whether it's a mid-cycle refresh or a whole new architecture. If you think you're making the "better" decision by waiting until a mid-cycle refresh, you're welcome to your opinion. But really, your mid-cycle W205 is no more "worth buying" than the very first W205 off the line. Or the very first W206. Some of us buy new cars more frequently than once an architecture. If you don't that's also fine, but hold the disparaging remarks about cars that we all are pretty passionate about because that's not the way YOU buy cars.
Old 12-07-2017, 06:34 PM

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts
2021 E63 S Sedan
Originally Posted by AV1

Maybe. Some models change in the wrong direction, particularly esthetically. And when your mid life update car is up against the next updated release......? It's not really a better or worse than scenario, and you can't say it's a "superior" product. What's updated may be new, but not better. If you like to wait, then that's great. Some of us will be driving and having a blast in the meantime! No right or wrong here in my opinion.
Old 12-07-2017, 09:28 PM
AV1
MBWorld Fanatic!

C204 C250-CDI
Originally Posted by nobbyv
There's nothing to "get". You made a statement presented as fact that likely irritated quite a few people (including myself), by suggesting that the pre-refresh W205 isn't "worth buying". I have been in the exact situation you described: I had a post-facelift W204 C63. And when the W205 came out, it looked dated, and WAS dated, so I sold it and bought a W205. My point is there's ALWAYS going to be something just down the road that's newer and better. Manufacturers release "new" versions of a particular model every 2-4 years, whether it's a mid-cycle refresh or a whole new architecture. If you think you're making the "better" decision by waiting until a mid-cycle refresh, you're welcome to your opinion. But really, your mid-cycle W205 is no more "worth buying" than the very first W205 off the line. Or the very first W206. Some of us buy new cars more frequently than once an architecture. If you don't that's also fine, but hold the disparaging remarks about cars that we all are pretty passionate about because that's not the way YOU buy cars.
Originally Posted by Strafe1
Maybe. Some models change in the wrong direction, particularly esthetically. And when your mid life update car is up against the next updated release......? It's not really a better or worse than scenario, and you can't say it's a "superior" product. What's updated may be new, but not better. If you like to wait, then that's great. Some of us will be driving and having a blast in the meantime! No right or wrong here in my opinion.
I understand what your saying, definitely not my intent to irritate or offend anybody, maybe wrong choice of words
Old 12-07-2017, 10:36 PM

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
C63
Originally Posted by AV1
I understand what your saying, definitely not my intent to irritate or offend anybody, maybe wrong choice of words
I can certainly except that. I think we can continue to enjoy the cars we have now and look forward to the ones we will get in the future. I'm enjoying mine!
Old 01-07-2018, 11:15 PM

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts
2021 GLE63S
Let's also not forget that our wonderful hand built V8's (at least at the C class price level), may not be around too much longer.

So, enjoy what you have today.
Old 01-08-2018, 12:36 PM

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts
2018 C63 Coupe
If a facelift with an E63S style dashboard and twin scroll turbos drops I’ll be the first in line. I’ll eat the depreciation on my 2018 for that. Gotta have both of those updates, though. I doubt it will happen but we’ll see.
The following users liked this post:
Aussie Zinga (01-09-2018)
Old 01-09-2018, 09:54 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2013 427
As someone who may be considering a C63S in the future, in what year do we expect the mid cycle update? My BMW lease is up at the end of the year and I too like to buy after the update, though I expect is is a couple years away.
Old 01-09-2018, 10:30 AM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
'17 Mercedes GLS550
Originally Posted by J.J.D.O.
As someone who may be considering a C63S in the future, in what year do we expect the mid cycle update? My BMW lease is up at the end of the year and I too like to buy after the update, though I expect is is a couple years away.
For the sedan the update is expected to occur for model year 2019 (so production starting July 2018).
Old 01-09-2018, 11:07 AM

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts
2018 C63 Coupe
Mercedes is unnveiling their new “MBUX” infotainment interface today at CES.
Old 01-09-2018, 03:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 193 Likes on 152 Posts
2016 GLE63s / 2016 E63s / 2002 E55
Press release at CES 2018. MBUX is now touch screen. Unfortunately first production is only in the new A-Class.

Last edited by E55 KEV; 01-09-2018 at 03:38 PM.